Is there a way of asking my boyfriend this without it coming out bad?

My boyfriend is fit and athletic and takes care of himself but its more the lean type of fit. I really want to see him with more muscle mass Because really that's what I've always fantasized about. I'm not sure if I should bring it up with him though because he might take it offensively or it might make me sound superficial and like a bitch.

Is it okay to ask him? Or should I keep it to myself?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't really hope for him to feel loved by you if you do something like that. Now, you can definitely tell him that you think his muscles are sexy, and positive reinforcement, like 'it's so sexy that you work out' is great... but if he's not interested in changing and he doesn't work out, I wouldn't hold out hope

What Guys Said 4

• Well, building muscle mass isn't something that can happen within days or even months, it would take years to build muscle without the use of muscle enhancing drugs. If it were that easy people wouldn't use steroids, and other drugs. Sorry to say there isn't anyway of you telling him this without sounding "superficial and like a bitch". Unless you do it in a joking matter, or telling him your fantasy of having a "ripped" boyfriend.

• Id keep it to yourself. Building noticeable muscle mass takes over a year. Its a long and tedious process.

• Pretty superficial lol

• I'd tell you to fuk off. It might be best to keep your thoughts to yourself. All of them.

What Girls Said 3

• That's not very nice. if he is a good boyfriend and has always treated you well, there is no reason to potentially sh*t on someone's self esteem like that. it's like saying, "the way you are isn't good enough and you don't satisfy me". you wouldn't want him to ask you to change your body type, right?

• hmm, how would you feel if he wanted you to change your body?

• I would keep it to yourself. Because it could sound bitchy. But if you have a very strong relationship you could go about it by saying something like " hey do you ever consider building up your muscle?" something like that maybe.