Do you feel pretty girls actually have a disadvantage?

Strangers/friends/family are always complimenting me. I get told that I'm beautiful/pretty/cute daily. Guys often stare at me or hit on me in really vulgar/offensive ways.

Despite the fact that people apparently think I'm so attractive... I am almost 23 and I've never been able to get a guy to want to be in a relationship with me. They date me for a while...they use me...they try to sleep with me and when I refuse to put out so early I end up dumped.

I just feel like guys see me as some type of sex object because it feels like my only worth to them is my appearance.

I'm a really nice girl and I think that my looks should help me find a guy...not hinder it.

I see very overweight, less attractive girls with boyfriends that think they are the most beautiful girls in the world and treat them like queens yet despite the fact I get told I am so pretty daily by so many people...no guy has ever treated me like that ...let alone seriously dated me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see how complimented by multiple guys is a disadvantage. Basically it means you have the pick of the litter and you can't keep them cause you keep picking the shallow ones. Or maybe you are really utterly horrible to date. I am serious I have meet girls that are hot as hell but so spoilt that multiple guys would not put up with her even though they all think she is hot.

• I get what you're saying. I feel like every time I get interested in a guy...I truly believe I'm going after a great, decent guy...its only after a few weeks that I realize the truth. I just must have some sort of naively flawed picking process. I really don't think I'm spoiled with guys...if anything I always end up giving more than I get...unfortunately.

• I feel like an idiot saying this, but that is honestly not something I've thought about that deeply before. Like the last guy I dated constantly called other girls "sluts"/"whores"...While I felt he said this to seem like he was into good girls(I'm a virgin)...It makes sense now that it was a truly telling of his natural disrespectful nature towards women. Wow...you actually really helped me.

• Im glad... best of luck :)

What Guys Said 4

• I feel you :) I know what you talking about. Have you tried to lower your standards a bit, and let normal guys date you not brainless walking muscles who's driving dads convertibles?

• Being pretty may have some disadvantages (a different discussion) but not in the way you are talking about. Many things will go into a decision a guy makes about a girl. Guys like it when girls make themselves approachable; have a nice a personality; are fun to be with; are healthy; have a nice smile; appear to take care of themselves; etc. Good looks attract us but there has to be more to the girl than just looks.

Your good looks will attract men, but maybe you need to be a little more aggressive in selecting the guys you would like to date. Too many pretty girls sadly believe their looks is all they need to get a guy and they never put any serious, active effort into finding guys they want to meet.

• Honestly? no they are even. you got a lot more options, but that just gives you just as much people that would use you. just have to choose better I guess.

• No, I don't. Maybe in your case it's just a character flaw.

• Can you give me an example of what you mean?

• I mean that it might not have anything to do with being pretty. It might be that your personality irritates people, or you just don't click with people, or your expectations about situations are skewed, or other things like that. But I'm just speculating.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe it is how you are behaving (absolutely nothing mean intended). You teach people how to treat you. If you only have guys going for booty, check the signals you are giving off and raise your standards girl!

• No it's definitely not. I'm good looking and see it as a gift. I'd much rather be beautiful than ugly or average. Maybe your personality has something to do with your lack of relationships

• im sorry but that has nothing to do with being attractive. If you've been used by so many guys, other guys can just take one look at you and tell they'll be able to get some. You sound like you are really high on yourself.