Do you ever apply your makeup with a finger?

How does that come out using your fingers instead of a brush?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep. Some of the looks I like to do involve the light touch of my finger. For example, most of my everyday looks are very neutral. However, there are days I want to add a little "edginess" to my eyes. So I would use my ring or middle finger to apply a dark color (navy blue, dark brown, dark gold, etc.) on the outer edges of my eyes. The amount of add is about the size of the round part of my finger. Then I either blend with that same finger or use a blending brush.

Another look that I haven't done in a while involves just my finger. I applied a navy blue to the bottom half of my eye lid (below the crease), and blend with my finger. Using a brush just picks up too much product for this look.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 12

• Yeah - I do sometimes.

I think it really depends on what you're using. For foundation - if it's more of a cream than a liquid, I think it goes on better with your finger. But liquids, a brush - definitely.

Concealer I'll smudge with my finger, and if I'm contouring, I'll smudge that on with my fingers too - but then I'll go over with a powder anyway - so yeah.

But yeah - most things I find better with a brush. Eyes are too delicate and detailed to get fingers involved, things just kind of end up smudging everywhere when I do.

• I would like to think that it depends on your 'skill' on applying makeup with your fingers. I'll admit that I'm not the greatest at it. Also, I used to think it's 'ok' to do it, but I stopped since I noticed that I tend to break out more and it leaves a lot of streaks on my face (everyone is different). I like everything on my face blended in really well so a good brush (with stippling technique) always does the trick for me. I think the only time I would use my fingers on a regular basis is when I'm applying concealer.

• I only apply my foundation with my finger. I've found it to go on smoothly. Also sponges tend to soak up a lot of foundation so a lot of it goes to waste. Everything else, I use a brush.

• For concealer yes - I find it gets me better control but I think most people recommend a small brush for that.

For foundation sometimes if I'm lazy. It's faster but the results are not as polished as when I take my time with a brush or even a sponge.

• Yes, I apply cream or liquid products with my fingers because I find they're easier to blend that way. As for eyeshadow or powder, it's definitely possible to pull off (depending on your skin and the product itself) but it's not sanitary and brushes definitely help for a better look.

• Sometimes when I am in rush yes I often use my finger tip especially for foundation and concealer.It doesn't look good as using the brush ://

• Foundation and concealer? Yeah, sometimes. I usually use a sponge, because I think it works best. But if I don't have one I'll use my fingers. The perk is that you can get a really good, natural looking coverage. I just hate cleaning my hands afterward :P

And lipstick/gloss/etc, too.

Never eyeshadow. I think that the brushes you use REALLY effect the outcome.

• I always apply my consealer with my fingertips. If you have very oily acne prone skin that might not be the best approach for you. otherwise I feel it blends better that way. Also, sometimes I apply lipstick with my fingers for a more natural pouty lip look.

• It is fine for concealer

• I apply my foundation with my fingers and even eyeshadow.

• Yes, in my opinion it comes out better with a brush, I would only use my fingers to highlight my tear duct & blend concealer.

• only eye shadow