Men judged based on looks first. Girls, why do you lie?

I really hate it when some of you say that a guys physique doesent matter. Are you that desperate to fall for the first fatty? Personality was the thing that matter most, huh? well here's something a girl said, "hes a nice guy but he's creepy" in other words not attractive or appealing. :P Looks will always matter, and we always shall be judged based on looks first, then on actions.

Most Helpful Girl

• True. Same as when guys on here say they'd go for an average girl with a good personality but in real life they also tend to go for the hot girls. It goes both ways

• but I really go for average girls -.-

• I believe you... No really this is true for most guys. Given the choice, most people (male and female) are going to pick the better option which is usually the better lookin one

What Girls Said 7

• I can't really speak for anyone else here,and I don't really believe I have chimed in on one of those conversations and said anything about NOT caring about what a guy looks like.I believe that physical attraction is equally important as to how he treats me,his personality etc. I think girls here are just trying to say that a guy doesn't have to look like Ryan Gosling (with clothes on or off) in order for her to give him a chance.I believe that it is very possible to overlook imperfections or physical criteria on ones check list,simply because an individual is awesome in every other way.I think once people realize this maybe the,"Will he like me...i have stretch marks" or the "I have small hands...im getting rejected..." questions may subside. :)

• Never that.

I always say I am not attracted to skinny dudes. The type where they inhale and I see rib cage..I dislike that. I like chubby guys...well average sized with a little bit of bloatedness...I am fine with lean muscle...and I guess big muscle too...but never a gorrilla juice head.

• Questions like this are more like a rant about something that's going on in your life rather than an actual fact... So...

No one said looks don't matter. But they aren't as important as you obviously think they are.

No one has reason to lie on here, if they're nervous about an answer they click "anonymous".

• think about it this way.. girls would rather have a fat guy who's awesome, nice, and non creepy and whatever than have some hot jerk who's arrogant, vain and selfish. after all, the fat guy can work out and become hot but it's really hard to change a person's personality.

but yes, I agree, if a dude is fugly, I tend to steer clear of him..

• LOL This should be interesting.

*pops popcorn*

• It's not just girls, it's guys too.

• Ah, no no no, we're just awful at describing (for lack of a better word) these things.

When we say we don't care about looks, it's half true. We're not about to rule someone out, but we don't care about looks as much as personality (at least, I don't). I think all girls would agree that healthy is best, correct?

And the nice-but-creepy thing- A guy can be really nice and have good intentions, but they come off weird, or too pushy. It (usually) has nothing to do with looks.

I agree that looks do matter to an extent, and that's what we base our first impressions on. But personally, I can really start to love someone solely on their personality, and then start to love their looks.

Let me know if you'd like more clarification- I'm tired, and it's hard to put my thoughts together well XD

What Guys Said 2

• So if they do say that they like a good physique, just like guys do, they have people posting questions on "Why are girls so shallow when it comes to guys? Why do they have to have preferences too?!". The GAG populace, particularly the male side, is quite interesting.

• Typically women want men who know what they want. This means showing her attention and all that good stuff. You don't have to treat her like she's a goddess because well, they're not...lol that's how "nice" men get called creepy, when we put the p**** on the pedstal (regardless of how we look).

Jerks on the other hand don't know how to treat women either. Regardless of looks.

Women just want to be shown attention, that's all they want. If you give it to them in the correct manner, they really wouldn't care about looks (give or take)