Why am I always "that short guy"?

I walked past a group of girls and a dude who I saw earlier and I picked up on a part of their conversation "that short guy"? The girls then looked at me and laughed and it all went silent.

I'm 5'9, how is 5'9 really that short? Given the dude that called me "that short guy" was about 6'2-6'3, why do girls and guys always think I'm short?

I think it might have to do with girls expecting really tall dudes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls expect taller men and I've seen polls on this website twice that have proved it. You're not short at all, you're average, but maybe you usually run into people who are your height or taller. Especially women your height because they mostly prefer men a few inches taller than them so they can wear their heels.

• I think I just notice the taller guys more (and taller girls) because it makes me insecure.

• Bell curve? If you know anything about bell curves, you'll know that they're evenly distributed on both sides.

• oh well I got a C in stats

What Girls Said 4

• your not short - your average height. 5-8 to 5'11 are typical male heights.

Usually women are under like 5'6 so men are naturally taller.

So when you get Amazon women like me who are 5'9 - when I see a guy who's my same height or shorter - I say he's short - but he's just short to me.

If I was 5'5 - you'd be tall.

So it probably has a lot to do with personal perspective. how tall were the girls?

• Those guys are just full of themselves :p anyone shorter than them is short just because they're tall! Don't let it get to you, they just think they're better than everyone else because they're higher up in the air. To me, 5'9" is tall! I'm 5'4" and even five inches is a huge difference! So don't be put off by tall guys, you probably are waaaay more attractive than them and nicer because you don't go around labeling people! :)

• It's all relative to their height. Don't let it bother you. I'm 5'8" and I would date a guy who is 5'9". Besides, there are plenty of cute girls under 5'5" who would think you're tall.

• you're not short hun :) I know guys that are 5'4, 5'5.. 5'9's just great :) no worries

• No believe me, guys always call me short...

• guys may.. girls.. no.. unless those people are immature and rude.

What Guys Said 3

• I have a sister who's into guys about your height. Generally speaking, girls prefer taller men, but if you have other good traits, they will often overlook their preference. Being funny really helps, as the shorter guy friends that I have who are good with women all have a sense of humor. As for that crowd you mentioned above, what they said was unwarranted and just them trying to make you feel insecure. Weak people try to pick on others, so don't sweat their unhelpful and hurtful comments.

• This reminded me of a situation a couple nights ago. Some guy said "that little Asian guy," while I'm 5"11-6"0 and just as tall as him. Not sure if he was joking or clearly retarded.

• LOL 5'11 is short? What a dumb ****

• children can be cruel. Go find some adults to hang out near.