Why don't girls like short guys?

Does it have to do with feeling protected? Does it have to do with attraction? What is it? I'm not talking midget short or really scrawny guys. I mean any where from 5'5" to 5'8".

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I'll tell you what I told a guy friend of mine who's 1.70 m, me being 1,80 m tall and still growing...

(he's 5.5 and I'm 5,9 feet according to google)

"It's not like I dislike short guys... But if I could choose who to fall in love with, I'd choose a guy taller than me. If he's 1,90 m or taller (6.2 feet according to google), that would be even better, as I love high heels and can hardly wear them...

Why is that so, you ask me? Well, because I'm taller than 60% of the guys I know. then 25% of those who are actually taller than me, only have 2 more inches (or less) than me, and I can hardly notice it. And only 5% of the guys I know are actually more than 3 inches taller than me (I only know 3 guys who are my age and taller than me...). So I feel like I'm "one of the guys", I feel totally "masculine", or even more masculine and intimidating than some of my guy friends (not to mention those guys who are slim, petite and totally cute... Ç_Ç )

So having a guy beside me who can make me feel feminine and sexy and girlie and with whom I feel comfortable being with and walking side-by-side is a super bonus, don't you think?

But you can't choose who you fall for, and although I'd like that, it doesn't really matter to me.

I'd be more comfortable and all that with a guy taller than me, but if he's shorter, I won't make him walk beside me with high heels just so I can feel better. I bet he'd be kind of intimidated as well..."

Now, directly answering you: yeah, that feeling of "being protected" is important... And, also, a taller guy is more attractive, because he looks more "proportional" (regarding the theories of ideal beauty), even if you don't think about it consciously.

(Nobody has an internal dialogue like: "oh, he's 8 heads tall, that's so perfect!"... Just like nobody thinks "oh, his/her eyes, nose, mouth and eyebrows are so symmetrical!" when someone admires someone beautiful... yet, proportion and symmetry are attractive things.)

Hope that helped. Sorry for size...

• In other words, your not a real man unless your tall.

• ...In other words: you totally didn't get what I said. Or even my personal point of view on this, as a taller-than-your-average-girl... "But you can't choose who you fall for, and although I'd like that [feeling of protectiveness and to be able to walk with my back straightened and without having to fear feeling totally "not feminine" besides a guy I MIGHT WANT to see me as a girl], it doesn't really matter to me." If I like him, I feel comfortable with him, with the "real man" he is.

• But you have the right to do your own interpretation of my answer and to down-vote as you will.

What Girls Said 8

• I like short guys. In fact, super tall guys weird me out a tad because I'm so short (5'1 and a half)

• Well, I'm 5'8" and even though I am attracted to taller guys, I would definitely date a guy that was shorter than me. But what I tend to find is that guys who are shorter than me tend to be insecure about their height and lack confidence when they are around me. It's like they automatically assume that I would have no interest in them, which isn't true. So if I truly am interested in him, I try to flirt with him a little more than I normally would to show him that he's wrong.

• at 5'2 every guy is tall(smiles) to me

• it makes me a bit uncomfy if they're shorter than me and I'm about 5'6..

• I've dated three men 1-2 inches shorter than me.

I didn't have an issue with any of them, because I don't evaluate a man by how tall he is. That being said, two of the three had issues with ME being taller than them. The one guy who didn't was awesome--one of the collest guys I've dated. We always had a great time together.

Besides, sometimes big bangs come in small packages, lmao! We had great chemistry. No issues whatsoever.

• Some girls are just superficial bitches that don't realize how ugly they are and expect a super model boyfriend and aren't worth your time anyway. I think the height thing is preferable because of the protection thing. I personally want a guy to be taller-bigger than me because I'm not so small myself and I want to be able to lie on top of him without suffocating him lol. Or like cuddle and stuff. But right now I'm dating a guy that's pretty thin and I don't care about him any less. But think of your height as a good way to curb the bad bitches that you wouldn't want to date anyways. That's how it is with my abstinence lol. Any guy who's just looking for another sex toy stays away ;)

• i'm 5;6, so at least be 5'6 or taller

it's uncomfortable

• i do! I think they are so cute!

What Guys Said 2

• Girls don't really care about looks or height for that matter. I have a friend who is 5'6 and all his girlfriends/f***buddies are taller and better looking. Now, you're right. Girls do want to feel protected. One of the five qualities many women look for is 'protector of women' but it doesn't necessarily mean you have to be ripped steroid veins popping out guy or tall for that matter. You just have to convey to her that you will not stand for any sh*t coming your way and if push comes to shove you will always protect her and everyone around you.BESTWISHES&HAPPYHUNTING<3

• Yeah that's the reason. More unmanly then a tall guy. Would be my guess.