Girls, do you think that guys should cover up more at the beach?

I very rarely go to the beach but when I do, I wear long shorts and a shirt to cover up my body. I'm not fat; I'm in good shape.

I heard that a man in speedos isn't a good sight because it reveals too much of the hideous male body. Does this mean that men should cover up more and not go topless?

Would it make you feel more comfortable if men wore longer shorts and shirts at the beach?

The more coverage, the better?

Explain

I wear shirts in the water too, do you think all men should as well?

Most Helpful Girl

• the long shorts actually drive me crazy. All long shorts, like the basketball wardrobe boys and men wear, they wear unnecessarily long bball shorts, long socks when really they aren't even going to play. I really like soccer shorts on men, where they cut off just above the knee.

I am not into speedos either, I certainly don't think the male body is hideous in any way, as for a shirt, that's up to you, I don't feel strongly in either direction, do what makes you comfortable, the point of going to the beach is to relax and have a good time, if people are going to get judgmental and crazy about it, not to say that all opinions or criticisms are crazy but if someone is going to force their opinions upon you and make you think that simply being yourself at the beach is wrong then that's someone you don't need to bend over backwards for.

Besides I think women should wear more at the beach, I don't mean to squash people rights but I cannot seem to get over the hypocrisy that is the fact that girls basically wear a bra and panties to the beach yet are modest or offended when they are seen in actual bras and panties. But to each their own.

What Girls Said 13

• Ok well first who said that the male body was hideous because they lied as well as the person who said guys should cover up more because that's what women want o.o

Shorts and no shirt are just fine and a good look exspecially if they're riding low from the water (ha ha creeper moment!). I think its up to the man but they should show as much as they want/ are comfortable showing.

• Personally, I have no problem if a guy goes nude to the beach. If that's the person's preference, great that they're that comfortable. I would kind of rather a guy to just be wearing shorts, if he's in shape I definitely don't want to see him all covered up by a shirt.

• Swim trunks are fine with me, no matter the body type

Sometimes I wear a white shirt if I'm too embarrassed to be in a bikini

Maybe some girls would think you're not confident

• I'm not a fan of those tight briefs on men (the ones that are shaped like bikini bottoms) but otherwise, I don't care.

• The hideous male body thing in my opinion is male thighs. I find them gross in public, elsewhere fine, but not at the beach. Topless guys are hot, and just because you aren't comfortable doesn't mean others shouldn't do it.

• wearing shorts is fine, speedos just show way too much. & guys don't have to really cover up

• Sometimes, in a bad speedo, the male testicles often resemble pudding in a plastic bag. Droopy man bits have the same effect on girls as droopy grandma boobs have on guys.

Otherwise, I don't really care. But be aware that by showcasing your goods with a mankini, you are making them the focal point of your body and peoples' eyes will immediately be drawn to that area. Whether that's good or bad is up to you.

• Why would you look in that area?

• No speedos. I'm fine with just long shorts, but if a guy wants to wear a shirt then go for it. Personally I don't think you should wear a shirt into the water though.

• I like a guy in short tight bathing suits...no T-Shirts. If the guy is in shape, I'm fine with a Speedo.

• Speedos aren't sexy. But just boardshorts or whatever is fine. No shirt is necessary. In fact, it is highly discouraged if you have the body for it :)

• This.

link

No shirt and no speedos lol

• Just no speedos... Everything else is fine.. lol

• Would you be happier and feel more comfortable if men wore shirts and longer shorts at the beach?

• uhm normal shorts are fine.. And As long as you aren't old, no shirts.

• They should wear whatever they want. (Though if you can see their junk through their clothes, such as with white trunks, some people may be offended). I know lots of women who wear shorts and shirts too.

What Guys Said 4

• Has anyone noticed that over time men's suit are getting bigger and bigge while women wear less and less? It's kind of odd

• Again, it all depends on location.

It seems to be embedded in the American zeitgeist that anything less than knee length swim shorts is feminine.

My country is similar, but a guy wearing a speedo isn't a huge deal.

Then there's Europe. Countries like Spain, people have seen it all, speedo, g-string, or nude. There are really no preferences or expectations.

My thoughts are wear whatever makes you feel good, screw other people.

• Guys don't show enough skin, I mean girls are like naked and guys have shirts and shorts down to their ankles on

• Why are male bodies hideous?