I can't wear short things in summer?

In winter I have no problem wearing tights or stockings with a short tight (not too short) skirt but when it comes to summer (so no tights) I feel so awkward wearing anything that goes above my knees like suddenly because I'm not wearing tights I have hideous legs and I feel like I'm too exposed :/ where I live it gets pretty hot in summer so I really need to wear skirts because I don't wear shorts (I can never find ones that are flattering). What should I do?

0|0
4|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the same way. I can wear short things in the winter thanks to tights, leggings, but I do not wear short things in the summer. Maybe you can wear those knee high socks (the cotton kind) with shorts and skirts. It wouldn't be any worse than wearing pants.

link

link

bad examples I know, but I think if you wear lighter colors it will look more summery.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.

What Girls Said 3

• Work on your legs until you feel comfortable with them. Otherwise your only option is to just deal with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why can't you wear shorts? I don't get it. As for shorter skirts, I would say wear booty shorts under them. Also try getting a little bit of a tan, I find it helps cover up any discoloration. Waxing can also help, it will make your legs look smoother. One more thing don't feel alone, everyone feels insecure about something.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear loose dresses that come almost to my knees. Since I got stretch marks on my inner thighs last year I haven't worn shorts either. I also wear lulemon capris because they cover everything and are so comfy, plus they make me look athletic :P

0|0
    0|0