Do you take your shoes off as soon as you get home?

I do because I can't stand having my shoes on all the time because they hurt my feet. My dad keeps his on on the time, even after he's had his on all day working he comes home and never takes them off until he takes a shower even then he puts them back on. I don't get it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I always take my shoes off when I get home...as soon as I walk in the door.

I do this primarily because I have stained concrete floors and if my shoes are dusty from walking outside, it shows on the concrete.

Plus the bedrooms have carpet and I just think it's gross to have your shoes on the carpet.

But also because there was this study that analyzed what's on your shoes after walking around outside.

Dog pee, puke, spit, poop, all kinds of stuff. Yuck.

This isn't the exact article I originally saw but it gives you an idea.

link

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 8

• Yes because I've been walking in them all way so who knows what is stuck on the bottom of my shoes. I have no desire to drag those germs all over my house. Plus, we have carpet in most of the house and that's just incredibly dirty and hard to wash.

• i take em off and put my slippers on

• I agree. Shoes do make feet hurt! That's why I take my shoes off all the time when I come home!

I look forward to it... Amazing :)

• yes because it's the dirtiest f***ing thing in the world and I Lysol that sh*t when I put it in the closet

• Sometimes. It depends on the type of shoes I'm wearing.

• I can't stand my feet bn covered,so I wear flipflops.even in the snow.and I take em off as soon as I'm home,yes.

• I go bare foot a lot. My mom yells at me about it.

• if I'm alone definitely, if someone is with me or if I'm at someone's house, it depends, because I worry about foot smeel and crap...

What Guys Said 4

• I used to work on my feet 12 hours a day as a sales manager in a retail environment and rarely sat down. By the time I got home, those dress shoes that pinch my feet badly couldn't come off soon enough! Not to mention, I like a clean house, so no point in bringing in excess dirt from the outside world. Shoes off indoors please!

• my dad's a truck driver so his shoes are dirty all the time. He likes a clean house as well, so if he wants a clean house why leave your dirty shoes on?

• no because he could care less what I think. Everytime we talk about pretty much anything we end up in a argument

• Well, it might not be worth picking a fight over. Still, that seems illogical on his part. Sorry you have to put up with a messy house! :(

• I take mine off although that is party because when we were looking to buy house and going to open homes you have to take off your shoes so now I take them of hen ever entering a house. Also I hate when people walk on carpet in there shoes they walk all the dirt from there shoes all though the catpet.

• well when I reached home I get off my shoes as soon as possible,

• Yup