Tattoo Idea: "My care is like my shadow..." on the outside edge of my left foot?

My Idol from history is Queen Elizabeth I of England, born 1533 died 1603. She was known as "The Virgin Queen" even though she wasn't actually a virgin. She reigned without a husband and is considered one of the greatest monarchs in history. As a tribute to her, I wanted to get a line from a poem that she wrote. I would have it tattooed in Herown Script, based on historical documents, on the outside edge of my left foot and it would read, "My care is like my shadow..." meaning that your passions, and loves as well has your duties and responsibilities, follow you; you can't escape from them, and they're what make you who you are.

What do you think of this idea?

• It's cool, it has meaning to you and it could be pretty!
  • It's cool, but it'd be ugly!
  • It's rubbish idea!
  • Other
Ok, or how bout around my ankle?

And the writing would be small. Little bigger than normal writing.
Wow why do guys hate it so much?
I'm open for suggestions in terms of the placement.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that is a super rad tattoo.

i have "when you made my people smile, you made me smile" on my right ribcage, and it curves with my ribs.

• Thanks for best answer! Best of luck to you in finding the best spot to get it done!

• do you think it makes more sense as "my care is like my shadow in the sun"? or is the sun part no necessary. that's the full line from the poem.

• I would do the full line.

Thats what I did with mine, I did the whole last line.

What Guys Said 5

• A vindictive, murderous, perverted b****, one of the worst figures from the whole of British history, and that's saying a lot. Stabbed people in the back regularly.

• lol yes. but that's what you needed to do in order to survive. especially HER.

• I can't imageine she wasn't a virgin, myself. I'd rather be beheaded that have to go to bed with her.

• Ok thanks, but no one cares Marty. I like her, you don't, let's leave it at that.

• From what I know, tattoos on the feet generally don't work out so well. But I think the idea is cool.

• They work fine but they hurt a lot. But I already have a tattoo on my rib cage, which is worse.

• Because guys are insecure about girls with tattoos.

• A bit late for that; I already have 2.

• the only problem is that some of the letter would be visible peaking out from tops and other would be hidden and people won't the whole thing and know what it says.

• Good. Then they will catch a peek of it, and wonder what is that, then ask you, and you can sexily take your top off and show them.

• Depends on the foot in question.

• C...

What Girls Said 4

• I'm more on the "A" side.Do what you want to do since it's permanent and there is noooo erasing it. :)

• I enjoy this.

• Well your feet are where shadows appear to originate from. Hence why Wendy sewed Peter Pan's shadow onto his feet. But what placement(s) do you prefer.

• Around your ankle?

• I think it's a cool idea, voted A.

• @Update That would look pretty neat. The only thing I would suggest is to wait awhile before you get it.. just make sure it's something you really want.

• i've wanted this for several months.

• I picked b