Did you ever have to wear school uniforms to school?

i had to wear them throughout my entire middle school years.

Most Helpful Girl

• All through primary school then I moved to Europe so no uniforms for a while and then I moved back to Australia and every high school has them so I found a place that doesn't. I don't know about other countries but here uniform in high schools is insane it's like you have to wear a tie and a blazer and the right color and length socks and there is only one type of shoes the girls can wear, only one color hair tie you can use etc.. and if you don't have everything right you get detention a told off. I think uniform in high school is a waste of time and it messes but the priories of the teaching staff.

What Girls Said 12

• nopezz...except to riding school, we had special schooling uniforms we had to wear. but I never had them for school school.

• Yeah...in elementry school...because my mum insisted I did meanwhile 97 percent of the students...DIDNT wear them.And then in Junior high because I went to an academy. :( Lame.

• I've always had to and I still have to. :/ Not always the best looking, but at least we don't have to spend half an hour picking a 'nice' outfit to wear to impress. You can't really tell if a person is disadvantaged either, which is a good thing.

• Nope. Only for gym.

• I've never had to, we don't go with uniforms in my country really, I don't know if there's a few exceptions though.

I would personally like to try it just for a weak or something.

• Yes I did, I hated them lol

• No, thank god. We did have gym uniforms in high school though.

• Yep through primary school and then secondary school.

• yup. first 14 years of my life.

• So do I. I have to wear school uniforms because if I am against, my teacher will kill me~lol

• Yep, but only for a couple of years in middle school

• yes and I hated it

What Guys Said 7

• No, but everyone in China has to wear them, they contribute to a democratic atmosphere, less distraction for kids, and they are very popular with teachers, let me tell you.

• I went to 3 different elementary schools, and I had to wear a uniform in one of them (3rd grade). It was in Greek-American Institute in Bronx, NY. It was no big deal. It was a basic suit that most men wear to a job at the office.

• Yes. For twelve good years

• no, I got lucky I guess. I'd hate to wear them.

• Yep, virtually all schools (98%) in England have a uniform.

We had a very tasteful green uniform in primary school, and then blue in secondary.

• LOL I was the first graduating class in my school who had to wear the uniforms, thank god we only had to wear them for one year because we graduated that year. I hated the uniforms and often got in trouble for refusing to wear it.

• All through grade school.