How do girls get legs like these?

How exactly do girls get and maintain legs like this?

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

Thin, shapely legs. How do they get them?

NOT ASKING FOR OPINIONS OR PREFERENCES. I DON'T CARE IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THEM OR FIND THEM ATTRACTIVE.

Most Helpful Guy

• Genetics, a very lean diet and regular exercise to burn every ounce of extra fat. I used to manage a health club. Some of these types of girls were on the treadmill for two to three hours a day starting at 5am in the morning. Per your request, I'll refrain from comment what I think of those legs.

• Did they run or walk or jog on the treadmill?

• It saddens me that you could give her advice on how to destroy her body, just because she wants to. :/

Put the resistance training back in, you'll be beautiful, I promise. :'((

• She's not destroying her body if she loses excess muscle mass. That's why I told her to back off the calories slowly. I used to manage a gym, I know when people try to push too hard, they don't get results. That's why I cautioned her that genetics will play a role as to how close she can get to the pictures safely.

What Guys Said 11

• those are mostly a byproduct of genetics. I'm a personal trainer, so I've gone over this a few times before, haha. these girls are just built tall and thin, it's mostly bone structure, not so much muscle and fat. in most of the pictures the legs don't even look toned; there's very little fat and next to no muscle. but most of these girls' problem is probably that they're born that way, plus they don't eat enough. if you aren't born with those legs I wouldn't recommend trying get them. it wouldn't be worth the physical toll on your body to do the unhealthy things you'd need to do to get close to that if you're working off of a different body type.

• It'd definitely be worth it :) But I'm short haha, so that's one strike against me already. They're basically all models, so of course they're tall.

Since you're a personal trainer...I'm 5'2 1/2 & I weigh 118lbs, but I work out alot. My legs are muscular & toned. How would I transform my muscular legs into legs like that? What exercises & diet would you recommend?

• i COULD tell you how to get your legs less muscular and less toned to a healthy extent, but from what your legs sound like you couldn't get like those girls A) because of genetics, and B) because you'd probably die first. you couldn't get there from where you are now with out an eating disorder and a crack habit. I'm not trying to be a wiseass either, that's real talk. and the reality is that those girls are the ones who should be asking me how to get THEIR legs to look like YOURS!

• Yeah, since you aren't going to help, bye.

• They are small framed ectomorphs. They have a high metabolism and stay boney because of it. On top of that many girls like that are very sedentary and eat barely anything. That have no muscle definition. Walking a flight of stairs is too tiring for them and what not.

I think the more important question is why are you so insecure about your calves and your legs in general? Have you really been that harshly judged by others to leave so a deep imprint?

• 1)I've never even been judged

2)Don't assume sh*t

3)Mind your own business

• LOL I think your legs are the least of your problems. Have a nice day. =)

• small frame ectomorph is redundant. small framed is almost the very definition of ectomorph

• *cough* disgusting *cough* To maintain whatever that is, you need to basically eat as much as a toddler.

• Starve yourself,or eat sh*t with little to no value for your body. lettuce is one of those things. Also some girls have the body type for ti, where others simply do not. (Ectomorphs)

Opinion below:

That is so nasty..f***ing shoot me before I f*** that. If I wanted to date an insect with an exoskeleton I'll let you know! I like someone who looks healthy, not a damn borderline annorexic. sheesh.

• A few of them maybe light bone structure, balanced diet, massive light cardio, low genetic propensity to add muscle.

most of them? Youthfulness, genetics, barely eating, inactivity - all four.

I dated a few girls with legs like that when I was younger. They did no exercise. One girl it used to drive me nuts walking with her because she walked so slow.

Without pointing out what looks good, or not good, I will say that most people look bad if they try to look radically like someone else. The girls you posted, if they decided they wanted kim kardashian or j lo's ass, will never be able to quite get it, and if they tried, they'd probably look worse. But if those 'thick' girls tried to look like these girls, they'd look sick and emaciated while still having bigger thighs. Its just not a point their body can sit at.

• VS models have thin legs and they exercise...they're known for being quite healthy too

And I doubt any of them would attempt to look like Kim K or J.Lo

• I call bs on the healthy. My wife used to model. The guys lived in the gym or tanning salon and the girls lived in cigarettes alcohol and salad.

• she was a VS model? there's a difference between runway, designer models and VS models. The thinner, the better with designer runway models because of the demographics they're aiming at and the fact that curves and fat detract from the clothing.

VS models aren't high end and are the best of the bunch.

• I love legs... =)

1. Good Diet...

2. Low Resistance cardio/workout (You do not walk bulky muscles.. you want tone, go low resistance, with more reps)

OR

1. Good Diet

2. Eat a whole lot less... maybe even starve yourself (just playing)

OR.

1. Just Good Diet and Exercise, helps with Genics too.

• Unfortunately you can't "get" them. Those legs are the result of a naturally VERY slender bone structure which you either have or you don't. If you weren't born with it, you will never ever get it.

• Honestly you might as well be asking "what exercises can I do to increase my height by 6 inches?" Because this is just as dependent on your natural physiology as your height, which is to say it's not something that it is within your capacity to change through diet or exercise or lifestyle. You either have it or you don't.

• link You will notice that the girl in this exercise video has very very slender yet toned legs despite the fact that she trains her lower body primarily using plyometrics, which is very heavy duty resistance training, along with weighted squats using a sandbag loaded with 30-40 lbs. That's because of genetics and her natural bone structure. As I said, you either have it naturally or you don't.

• And if you don't have it naturally, then there is no healthy or safe way you will ever get it.

• You'll find they do a lot of walking, and watch their diets. But partly it's genetic, some people just have thicker legs naturally, no matter how much they walk or work out.

• How long should the walks last or how far should they be?

• The faster the better. Actually running will do more to slim the legs, especially long distance running.

• For distance, start with maybe 3000 meters and work up as your legs get used to it.

• Low bodyfat and good muscle tone, and some genetics. Eat a good diet and exercise. Don't forget to do some weights too with your leg workout. Girls don't build muscle like guys do when they lift weights because you don't have enough testosterone. Instead you get hard lean muscle

• They don't have muscle...

• They are thin, but yes, there is muscle there. That's how you get lean legs. Doing squats and leg presses as a girl isn't going to give you thunder thighs. That's not how it works.

• Thin shapely legs =

High Muscle Mass, Low Fat Mass =

Working out your legs + healthily dieting to a low body fat %

Part of it will always be genes of course, but that is what you need to do to get your personal best.

• They're born like that...

What Girls Said 12

• A lot of the shape has to do with genetics. You can try to get them but don't be surprised if you don't see the results looking like those legs. A lot of different weight machines can help you on that, it just depends what's available to you at your gym. There's two that work the inner ( link and outer ( link thighs. This will help create muscle in that area as well as lose fat. A lot of times just doing cardio doesn't help much in getting that "gap" in between your legs. Be aware that the only real way to get legs like this without them being naturally like that is to build muscle.

• One of my cousin is shaped like this. She gets teased all the time so I'm sure it'd make her feel good to know that there are some girls who want her shape. Well she's always been very active and does cardio, but I think the key is to have never had a weight problem. She was skinny even as a child and kept it through adulthood. So even with her natural small frame, she works out and is very busy (2 jobs, was in extracurriculars, etc)

So I guess it's a combination of having a naturally small frame, never have been fat even in childhood/puberty and working out. Not everyone can look like that, even if they do work out though. But some people can be like that and still be healthy

• My legs used to look like that... back when I was practically anorexic.

• I knew someone would pull the anorexic bit. not surprising. Anyone who is thin is of course, anorexic or bulimic

• I'm not saying that a healthy person can't have legs like that. I'm just saying that it's hard.

• good genetics, good diet involving small amount of sugar and plenty of fruits, veggies and protein, and exercise targeting their legs and cardio. mainly genetics though.

• I personally think it has something to do with their genetic.If someone genetic isn't this type I guess she needs to be skinny and tall to have those legs tho.Not necessary to be anorexia.Most girls that have this type of legs are about 5'6 and above.Btw they look good wearing skinny jeans.

• I think to a certain extent it is genetics. Personally I have observed large framed girls with thin legs and slimmer framed girls with large legs. Although I believe excercise can have some effect on them.

• I thnk those girls are just born with a smaller frame so their legs look like that.

haha "jailbait gallery" *.*

• genetics

• by being skinny. but if you managed to get skinny now,by working out and dieting,your legs still wouldn't be like theirs,most of the girls who have legs like that have been skinny their whole life.

• I want legs like that too. =/ I would ASSUME that a lot of running is involved, and most of them were very thin, so they probably eat super healthy and exercise a lot. Maybe a lot of lunges and squats to join the running.

• Running long distances.

• They are naturally built that way along with not eating enough and exercising a lot.