I'm thinking about going natural?

i am thinking about going natural. for those of you who don't know what natural is, its when a black girl cuts off her hair and start from scratch and don't use any chemical relaxers in the hair. what do you guys think? I would love for my hair to look like erykah badu

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it looks great now, but I also think it would look good natural. The on;y thing is that growing it out is a pain. I don't know if yours would be different from mine since we have very different hair, but when I cut most of my hair off I liked it at first, but the whole process of waiting was really hard for me.

• i can just wear weaves or braids until it grows to a length I am OK with

What Guys Said 4

• My girlfriend goes natural around the house, but when she goes out she wears wigs typically, or sometimes if we're just going to the store an African hat. Do what makes you feel comfortable, and makes you happiest when you look in the mirror. ; - )

• Love it natural! its so unique and sexy. Go for it!

• For a moment I thought you gonna be a nudist

• Just looked at your profile pics and I've got to say, you could do practically anything with your hair and it would be hard to draw attention away from your body. Good LORD girl!

What Girls Said 11

• I think you should. you have such a gorgeous face, I think natural african hair will really suit it! rock it!

• natural is great, but Big Chop is not for everybody. you could stop getting perms and weave it up until your relaxed part grows out and it gets long enough for you to cut it. or you can cut inch by inch every month until the relaxed part is cut out. that's what I'm doing

• yeah I could I was going to do something like that..maybe cut it off and wear weaves or braids until it gets to a good length or something

• Try a short wig the way you like it. Then one longer natural one similar to your own and see how you like it. It should give you a pretty good idea. :)

• I think you'd look fine going natural, without a doubt.

If you aren't 100% sure, perhaps you should skip the big chop & slowly cut your hair month by month or week by week, just to get a feel of what it'd be like.

Just remember, moisture + protein= happy hair

Experiment and be patient. It might take a while to find products you like or to weed through unnecessary products, but it's worth it in the end when your hair is healthy and gorgeous.

Good luck!

• I agree! I'm pretty cautious about my hair, I don't like making rash decisions so an option like this would be best for people like me. It can't hurt!

• Yep. And if she realizes she doesn't like going short, at least she could do damage control and try extensions or just let it grow out until it reaches her desired length.

• Yeah, I'm Somewhat Natural. I Love It. Its Easier. Much Much Easier. I Think Its Better & Healthier For Our Hair. But *Shurgs* .

• i love it,but growing it out will be a bitch. are you comfortable with having short hair?

• ummm not really I was going to maybe wear weaves or braids until it gets to a length I like

• I reckon you'll look brill either way. :) But even more so with natural because people will appreciate how you can pull it off, making you stand above the rest.

• Do it up!

• I think it would be nice

• U don't have to start from scratch you can stretch the relaxers or press your hair or let it grow in box braids.

Curlynikki.com

• Go for it.:) I did it last year and it is one of the best decisions I have made.

• cool I want it really curly though

• Miss Jessies Products work for that,so does kinky curly products.:)