Is stress getting in my way for growing my hair out?

So my hair has always been right around my shoulder length. I've never been able to grow it out any longer than a couple inches past my shoulders and I wonder why. For the past like 2 and a half months I have been taking hair growth supplements to see if they would help and besides the texture of my hair sorta changing, the length hasn't grown much. I keep up with getting my hair trimmed and make sure they don't take off much but my hair is just the same as always. I stress myself out really easy all the time so now I think that is my biggest problem. So am I right or completely wrong about this? And how else can I help grow my hair longer? I mean I don't want it crazy long all the way to my butt I just want it like right around my bust one day, I know that can't happen over night but all I am asking for is 3 or 4 inches by summer. Please Help Me! Thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• if your hair has never grown past a certain point there is a possibility that is your terminal length (genetically predetermined length your hair cannot exceed). though there are many other factors as to why it wouldn't be growing any longer, one being, yes stress! stress can completely stunt the growth of your hair so I do suggest trying to relax and de-stress because your hair will barely grow otherwise. another factor is diet. your diet needs to have plenty of protein since your hair is made out of a protein called keratin. also lots of fruits and veggies as well as water. now taking a biotin supplement (vit b6) can maximize your hair growth. (im taking 2000-3000 mcg's a day) mcg stand for micrograms! it is water soluble so I suggest drinking lots of water with it for optimal results and to prevent it from causing acne.

• thanks for BA :)

• No thank you! I know that a lot went into growing hair and me being stressed was bad. Also I don't have a good diet, my eating habits are pretty bad and I know its not good. I have started drinking water more often which is a pretty good accomplish for me cause I use to hate water basically. Like I am pretty sure I haven't hit a terminal length yet cause I know in middle school my hair was the longest I have ever got it and if I could get it to that again I would be happy. I just need to work on it

• oh okay well good luck and good job with the water! I'm sure if you get a better diet going you will start to see great results!

What Guys Said 1

• According to a recent study Stress Inhibits Hair Growth in Mice so its obvious that it will affect human beings tooo...so yes it is affecting your hair growth ...dnt take stress

What Girls Said 2

• Nope, stress can definitely slow down hair growth. A poor diet can do that as well. Try to relax. Also, hair growth supplements aren't miracle workers. If your hair doesn't usually grow easily then don't expect to get 3 or 4 inches quickly, it may take up to a year. Also, try vitamin b complex. Its a vitamin that helps hair growth. Eat healthy too!

• yes, or see a doc.

I find fish is good for the hair I heard. Also don't comb it while its wet since its most fragile there. Change your shampoo?