Are stretch-marks a sign that you've gained weight?

like I'm a guy and I have stretch marks in my ab area etc and for girls obviously we know about them so does stretch marks mean or meant you have gained weight?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it's the skin stretching. But you could of lost the weight and they take a good while to appear. It's really annoying but they fade and stretch marks aren't a big deal anyway. Most women have them or will have them. Don't be self conscience about them just love yourself!

• im trying to gain weight and I've been eating more lately and these come and go throughout the day so I hope I'm gaining weight. that's what you said right? :)

• Yeah it's from gaining :)!

• lovely. thanks.

What Girls Said 1

• gained or lost.

What Guys Said 2

• usually they mean SUDDEN weight gain or loss, not gradual. Has that happened to you for some reason?

• Yes I'm just eating a bit more lately and its only visible when I'm sitting .its goes otherwise.

• The good news is that sudden gain is mostly water, usually, and a little eercise can get it to go away.

• I have strech marks because I overstreched my back(twist my shoulder). So I guess if you do that they could appear on your stomach as well.