How can I keep my bangs from getting greasy all day, and such?

I have brown long hair that tends to get very greasy when touched. I have long bangs that I usually keep clipped back all day, so that they don't get greasy. And I shower every night, because I don't have time in the morning, since I wake up at 5:30. But I've been seeing a lot of girls who have long bangs swooping them back. (Hard to explain), and I wanted to try and do that 'style,' but my bangs get greasy before the day is half over. (The hairstyle requires you to repeatively use your fingers to swoop your bangs back.) Do you know how I could keep my bangs from getting greasy? And, if you know what kind of hairstyle I'm talking about, do you know how to give the bangs a little 'oomph,' and get them voluminous? Thanks in advance! <3

P.S. If you've ever seen Amy in 'The Secret Life Of The American Teenager,' the way she constantly touches her bangs and swoops them off to the side, that's the look I want to achieve!

Most Helpful Girl

• spray some dry shampoo at the roots of your fringe and wait a minute then finger comb it through. so quick nd easy you could use this to touch it up during the day if needed. you can also use baby powder if you don't want to buy dry shampoo.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Wash your face in the morning, to get rid of grease that builds up overnight. also, wash your bangs in the morning. If they get greasy during the day, use dry shampoo on them.

• Shower every other day, or change your shampoo.

• I have the same problem, and now I just don't condition my bangs, they really don't need any conditioner. try that, just condition the rest of your hair and don't condition the crown or your bangs

• Well, make sure your face isn't oily. Maybe you should use a face powder to absorb the oil? A lot of times that is what makes the bangs greasy. I have oily hair but my face isn't oily so I notice that my hair in general gets greasy but my bangs don't.

Besides that, try dry shampoo. They sell some in the drugstore. It absorbs the oil from your hair.