I'm worried about how I'm maturing. Does this seem odd?

I turned 18 a couple of months ago. Some people say I look young for my age. I don't feel or look like a man. I do have masculine features like a square jaw and I have more muscle than a lot of my peers stuff but I still think I have a boyish appearance. I'm also quarter Japanese. My height is also almost at 5'9, but I feel like compared to the rest of my family I should be taller. My dads dad was 6'4, my moms dad was 6'0 and my dad is about 5'11. My dad said he was also around 5'9 coming out of high school and that he had a growth spurt in college. It just sucks walking around high school and seeing sophomores or juniors who are taller and more adult looking than I am. The girl I like is the exact same height as me and looks mature for her age. I'm just afraid that my appearance might turn her off because I don't look like the other guys our age who look more like men and are taller too. Anyone have the same issue?

Most Helpful Girl

• You could grow a beard... My friend's boyfriend has one and looks like he is 20 something, but whenever he shaves it off he looks 16. 5'9" is a good height for guys and way better than being 5'6" like some guys are stuck at (no offense to any guys out there ^^) But, seriously don't sweat it, guys do not stop growing until they are like 22 :)

What Girls Said 2

• No, you're fine. Some guys just have boyish faces. Doesn't mean they are less mature. And I think 5'9 is average male height

• My brother is 5'8 and he don't care. And your girlfriend is tall. I'm like 5'3 so don't be ashamed.

What Guys Said 1

• I know some 21 year olds who look 16-17. Think of it this way, if you look young now, you may not show age as quickly as those around you as you grow older.