What are normal sizes for a girl whose 5"5 1/2?

Right now I wear these shirt sizes: XS, S, sometimes M.

Mostly, I wear a S.

In pants I'm usually a 5 or 7, but I can wear a 3 sometimes. My hips are 27in.

Is this a normal size? I don't think I'm fat, sometimes I have a friend who tells me I look too skinny which rubs me off the wrong way since I don't think I'm that skinny.

thanks for all your answers! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the body type and frame. I am 5'6" and range from L-1x, I usually wear an XL. But I have a large frame. I think that you are fine for your body type and height. Everyone is different. Some people are naturally smaller and some are naturally bigger.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• I think all that matters is if you're healthy. Too many girls worry about sizes or fitting into some ideal whether they're curvy or tiny. A girl who is healthy is so much more attractive to guys than one who eats too much or doesn't eat enough. It's best to find the happy medium where as long as you're getting the exercise that you need and you're eating right that it doesn't matter what size you are.

• It depends on the person. Body types vary so much that there's not really any kind of average for different heights. You sound normal to me, maybe on the thin side, but still normal. I wouldn't worry about it.

• I am 4`11`` and my waist is 24``, my hips are.. well... 38 or 40. You are FINE

• Well I don't know if it's normal but I'm 5'3 and I wear small and medium in shirt sizes, and size 3 and in some occasions one in pants.

• Seems normal. You're definitely not skinny or fat.

• I'm 5'6" and I wear small and medium shirts. I wear size 4 Abercrombie jeans. But I have thighs and a butt so my bottom half is wide and my top half is petite. It really just depends on your proportions and distribution of your body weight.

If you like the way your clothes fit you and how your body looks, that's all that matters.