Is it a turnoff when girls like designer, brand name clothes?

im not high maintenance, I'm really down to earth, but I am such a girlie girl and I love this stuff. shoes, bags, clothes, makeup! I don't mooch from my parents, everything I buy is from my own money I make from my job. however, I think boys might think otherwise

Most Helpful Guy

• No, but its a major turnoff if they flaunt it. The typical highend designers with their logos and patterns all over everything is pretty tasteless, unoriginal, and displays shallowness and insecurity. So many girls and ethnic guys wear that sh*t to compensate. They probably bought it off Ebay and its fake.

They're the type you see at the mall rolling up in an old minivan while wearing Chanel sunglasses and carrying a Louis Vuitton handbag they probably got as a birthday-Christmas gift combined - acting like they have wealth. Its embarrassing and pathetic lol.

I understand what high-quality, high-end clothes CAN do for people, but you have to be careful not to look trashy wearing it.

What Guys Said 10

• i just don't understand the point of paying $145 for a tshirt at tess&carlos when you can get the same one at marshalls for $15

• I like girly-girls that like to dress up a little to look classy... Even better if they're down-to-earth! Just make sure you're being approachable as well.

I don't like when women cake on a bunch of make-up tho. A natural look is much better. Looking all fake and plastic is not good. Plus, it gives off the wrong impression...

• To be honest, yes. Because it gives off the impression that she is either (a) high maintenance or (b) one of the hive mind collective. both of which are not only turnoffs but complete deal breakers.

• Not only that but I dislike when girls put fashion before practicality in how they dress. I dislike dresses, skirts, and heels. I dislike makeup and elaborately styled hair. I also like it when a girl has enough sense to know that backpacks are more practical than purses.

• not a dump, but not an attractive feature(unless she looks really good in it)

I just find it kinda annoying, the money isn't always worth it and your basically paying for the name

I only buy designer stuff when it looks good and is worth it

I know I wouldn't understand but how many bags and shoes does a girl need

• No, all girls like that stuff.

My girlfriend has a Gucci bag that a friend of hers got her. It's probably a knockoff, but it looks nice, and she likes to wear it. She'd never buy that kind of stuff for herself (well, there's her Doc Marten boots), but that doesn't mean she doesn't enjoy it.

• It would be a turn off for me, indeed.

• Not turn on and its not a turn off for me. A snobby girl is a snobby girl no matter what she is wearing. A snotty girl can be just as snotty is walmart clothes as she can prada. I personally don't pay attention to what brand of clothing a girl wears, Honestly I couldn't tell what brands are high dollar and which ones are cheapo brands. I just judge the girl herself, if she's sweet and pretty then who cares what she's wearing

• Major turn-off.

• No, it is not.

• It does rub me the wrong way. I can be OK with it as long as she's frugal with her money.

What Girls Said 6

• Here is my take on girls desire for couture and brand names.

A) Keep it in moderation. Keep it to a minimum unless it is totally within your means.

B) Don't name drop or brag about it. Be modest.

C) Don't be ashamed of it. Designer items to girls are like toys for boys. It's like working for something you like and enjoy. Allow your self that.

D) Save your money then buy one. Another words don't cut from the important things in life for a luxury item.

C) limit How many and how often you use them. Unless its a purse. You don't want to appear. High maintenance or superficial if you're not.

If you can apply these principles then take shopping with you. :D

• This is very good etiquette! You should totally write a blog on how to be classy. Too many girls make fools of themselves by trying to showcase their name brand clothes and accessories.

• Why thank you Ms. Couture ^^

• i love to own beautiful things, and I don't mind paying for them...

but I hate brands and labels...to me when you buy big brands you re paying for a status symbol, rather than to look good, or for the quality of the product, like "look at me, I have versace written across the arse of my jeans...im rich" . I think if you really know about style and how to dress you WOULDNT buy these stupid things.

if I send my money I want something really beautiful and truly unique. for instance, I own a leather satchel I bought from a market in berlin for 100 euros...it wasn't uber cheap but it was beautifull leather and hand stitched by the guy who sold it to me... you would never find anything like it anywhere else, it has no label and is not flashy... but more elegant than anything you would buy with louis voutton scrawled all over it and has survived years of constant wear.

• dont stop dressing how you like because some feel turned off by it. everything ain't for everybody. you will probably attract more guys who wear designers and name brands.

• honestly, I love being fashionable, and girlie girl. I'm not dripping in designer stuff, but I do dress nice most of the time. it more about me loving the way I look and feel. I really don't care what guys think either, because I'm not going to change my style for them. and sometimes I admit that I probably do give off the high maintenance vibe, but if me dressing nicely is that big of a turn off that you can't get to know my personality then you are not worth my time in the first place.

• I don't see the problem. I like designer things as well, and I also buy them with money I earned and saved up. I don't think it's anyone's right or place to judge what I do or don't do with my money

• i don`t think that guys even care about this