Your thoughts on guys/girls having dreadlocks?

What are your thoughts on dreadlocks? For what I see it's pretty even some like them, some don't. What is your first thought when you see a guy/girl with them? I just want to know, because I have dreadlocks (if you didn't look at my profile picture close lol). I get good feedback on mine.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like dreads, but I've seen people pull it off and look great. My mom and my sister's dad got locked and I think they look good, because their dreads are kept clean and neat. Some people on the other hand look dirty when they don't take care of them. A lot of guys in Indiana look extremely ghetto with their dreads ._.

I don't really see enough white people with dreads to have an opinion on it.

What Girls Said 7

• I dislike dreads on girls and white guys. They look dirty. However certain black guys can pull the look off well without looking unkempt.

• i like them. but I don't like when guys curl their dreads

• I dislike them on girls, but on guys I find them SO attractive ha ha like I had this jetski teacher with dreads and I was like ...drool...

• In my eyes, only a few can really pull it off.

But the important thing isn't everyone else's judgment, but your own. If you think you look good in it, go for it. At least it's unique, lol.

• I already have them. I get a good feedback since I have them. Before I had them, everybody said that I should get them.

• It can look good sometimes, but the majority just look gross.

• I can respect your answer. Some do look really gross. That's why I take good good care of mine.

• If you can pull it off, they can look great. However, I don't think many can.

• I love a guy who can pull off dreads. I think they're way cool haha

What Guys Said 3

• Depends on the had and the dread.

• My thoughts: "Look at that a**hole...I wish I could have dreads :("

• I'm white and plan on getting them. My hair is currently really short so I'm having to wait for it to grow out to about 3 inches (how long its supposed to be to be able to do it). I have dirty blond hair and someone on here told me I would look great with dreads.

• 3 to 5 inches. I started mine really late. I grow my hair 12 or 14 inches before dreads.