How much should I weigh?

I'm a 26 year old male, and I'm around 6'4". I'm working on loosing weight. My current weight is around 213 lbs. I just want to know how much more I need to loose.

I've got a bit of a gut on me, it's getting smaller I've lost about 10 pounds in the last couple weeks. There is a little bit of fat elsewhere I'd like to loose as well. I'm not muscular, probably about average but I think my goal is about 180. I want to be comfortable with my shirt off, lol.
As of yesterday I am down to 209 lbs

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't worry about an actually weight number. Your current weight could be fine on a 6'4'' tall person, but it depends on a lot of other things like your frame size and body-fat/muscle-mass percentage. I would focus more on getting in shape in general. Do some cardio and lift weights a couple times a week and you will probably feel a lot more comfortable with your shirt off, which you said was your main goal. And if you're 213 or 180 or 240 at the point, it doesn't matter. As long as you feel good and healthy.

What Girls Said 14

• I don't think you need to lose any, if much weight at all. My boyfriend is 6' tall and is 220lbs, and he's not fat. It really depends on your build. You have a bit of a gut, that can probably be fixed pretty easily in your case. Just do some crunches and some cardio and eat a little better. I'm sure it will flatten out fairly easily :)

• i don't think you need to lose any weight at all.

• id say 195-200lbs would be an okay ideal weight depending of course on your body type.

• You are only like 5lb overweight. I would say that about 200 is a good weight for you, but then again if you have a lot of muscle then your fine.

PS. try googling your bmi link

• let me google that for you :) link

• You don't need to lose that much weight. Maybe 10 more lbs...

• I think every inch you are over five foot should be five pounds so... my guess is 180. but you could be anywhere from 160 to 200 and that would be fine. :)

• it depends on your build but my boyfriend is 64 and 225 230 and he's not fat at all, he's actually on the skinny side.

• Woaaaah! You're TALL! I'm 5'0 hahaha. I think your weight is perfect for your height.

• you are fine with your weight so you don't need to lose it. as fas as the stomach just tone it up with toning excercies like pilates, yoga, etc

• 6'4 and 180? I don't get it?

You should be gaining not losing! Add muscle...weight lift that's it! Stop all this crazy talk about losing more weight. SMH LOL

• Stop eating bread and switch to eating nothing but fruits/ vegetables for two weeks. This will helo with your "gut" I'm sure it is not as bad as you think though... You should show a link of someone's body that looks similar to yours

• Don't lose weight... you are totally perfect :) I mean seriously My boyfriend is 6'4" and weighs 250 pounds... I weigh 125 lol

• Google it haha. I calculated on a site and it says you're overweight due to your bmi, but I don't really think a calculator online is accurate for measuring that. In my opinion, you're not that much overweight. Probably like..20-30 pounds in my book. Then again, muscle weighs a lot and I have a really short friend, who weighs 170lbs, and he's not fat at all.

What Guys Said 10

• Your weight is just fine. What ou need to do is turn some of that fat to muscle. I know that according to my Dr my ideal weight is 190 and I'm only 5'10" (of course I have a very large frame, you may be different)

• That weight is OK for yur height really. Maybe you just need to tone a little, but not target losing weight. That will happpe naturally if you're working out and eating a reasonable diet without a lot of hamburgers, pizza, sweets, etc.

• Buddy, lol this is a great question. I'm 217lbs and I'm only 5'7 Sheesh I want to weigh 190lbs. So I'm sure you're fine.

• Dude for 6'4 that's about right if you're decently muscular. Only the scrawny guys that are 6'3+ are under 200.

• Do not go by the BMI... It is a bad indicator or body types... At that height and weight is actually okay. 6 4 213 is not bad. You can be 6ft even and 213 and it is not that bad...

• Im 199lbs and I'm 5'10 so I think your fine

• between 185 to 205

• Sounds like your already at the right weight buddy!

• there isn't defined weight scale, loose untill you are satisfied with that look.

• It's impossible to say what your "ideal" (healthy) weight should be, because height alone cannot determine this. A lot depends on your frame. For example, it's perfectly normal for 6'4'' pro athletes to weight 220+ without having excessive fat or giant muscles. If your frame in general is bigger, your ideal weight will be higher and vice versa.

If I were you I wouldn't focus too much on weight alone but rather health - get to the point where your body looks and feels fine to you (cutting down extra fat, optionally putting on some muscle) - don't use your weight as an indicator where you are, but how your body looks and feels to you in general. Keep exercising and eating properly and as long as you are making visual progress, your weight will reflect that results.