My theory: girls love guys with head wear?

I've noticed that the majority of guys I know who have a girlfriend, also use head wear (fat, small, short, tall). Anything from hats to baseball caps. Of course these people don't always use it but it's part of their image. I'm not a big fan of head wear but today when I went out it was very sunny so I wore a plain white baseball cap with some text on it. I met a girl who complimented it, and several other girls looked at me in a very obvious way. So what do you think? Is there any truth to this or is it just me? ^^

Very interesting answers, also very mixed. ^^

Most Helpful Girl

• LMFAO if only life was so simple. Let me break it down to you in the most simplest way...girls like guys who POSSES confidence.

Goodluck :)

• Oh and here I thought it was money and power, silly me...

• I've heard Ted Bundy was popular with girls. And may have worn a hat at times.

What Girls Said 22

• I don't think that they're that big of a deal. Definitely won't make someone more desirable. I can see, however, that they may make the girl assume certain things about the guys personality. That he's laid back, low maintenance, into sports, etc. which may make a girl attracted to him more. I don't think that it has the "axe" effect on every girl though. I certainly don't think differently of a guy in a baseball hat but I'm sure there's girls out there who get a vibe from it.

• I don't generally like hats on men - especially not baseball caps. The only time I really like hats on men are when they're working that kind of grungy, worn in look - something like this: link

Otherwise generally speaking, it really doesn't do it for me at all.

• Not for me. I typically am not attracted to guys in baseball caps. As for other types of hats I don't usually like those either. And if I see a guy in a fedora I usually assume he is a tool. However I have one friend who wears a fedora sometimes and looks adorable but he is an exception to the rule.

• don't really care. a hat is not going to make or break me liking someone though, that's for sure.

• My crush is always wearing hats. I've never seen him without one.

But I like hair most free, and clean, and with no accessories. I like to see his hair.

• i could really care less about any sort of headgear

i prefer if they don't always wear hats and stuff

• My boyfriend wears a flat billed white hurley cap backwards.. I don't know it just seems to be a part of him (: He looks cute both with and without,but I think I kind of like them because it helps tell part of their personality. He's a cutie!

• Huh. interesting.

I can't say off hand that any of the people I've been attracted to the most have been hat wearers...I like a good head of hair. Hats tend to hide that.

• I actually dont... I know this might be a stereotype but I find guys with headwear normally to be bratty and immature. I like guys with nothing on their heads... except of course *starts drooling* it's cowboy hats! *Squeals*

• I can't say I have a preference for them.

• Acessories are almost always a plus like a watch

• For me,

1) It depends on the hat

2) It also depends what clothes you are wearing with it

• not a fan of hats... at all

• I think most hats look a bit silly. And I like to see a guy's hair :)

• I love baseball caps

• True some guys look good only with some kind of hat on

• Baseball caps can make a guy look cute/hot. I definitely like them

• Ya esp guys with longish hair

• I love it it makes them look hot!

• I like baseball caps on some guys.

I like white guys in snapbacks.

I don't like grungy looking hats- like those orange ones.

• I love hats on my man, he is sexy as hell. Not really a fan of the cap but he still looks great in them.

• Definitely not, in my case. Baseball hats, unless they're really nice and go well with your outfit, are a bit of a turn off. Not that I would reject a guy over it, but I definitely wouldn't be attracted to him because of it. Great hair, on the other hand, definitely makes me take a second look.

Maybe you're looking at a demographic that conforms to a certain uniform (the sporty jock types, or the tough, gangsta types). For people who fall into these categories (and many others) clothing is used to establish their image, and the proper attire could impact their success with women. Clothing, accessories and cars are all used by men and women to project an image and help their status in society. This is why women carry $2000 designer handbags, and men buy $400 sneakers.

So if a man is part of a subtype that particularly values an image, and the uniform that goes with that, then a hat can definitely help get women. But I would say this is a minority, and most women would be more likely to pursue a guy with a Porshe than a hat. And do you want women that like men because they fit a stereotype?

What Guys Said 10

• I think there is partial truth to that. At least 2 out of 4 times I wear my Thor helmet in public I either get compliments or my picture taken with some strange girl... It could just be a nerdgasm they have though, but it's still head wear and thus supports your theory.

• I once cut off a woman's head and drove through 7 states wearing it as a hat...

• i wear fedoras and bandanas a lot, especially when my hair gets long, the fedora gets noticed since it has a ton of buttons on it and it shows off my goofy personality, the bandana is more just to keep my hair out of my face, usually its a camouflage, or lime green, or some bright color to stand out amongst the crowd since I am weird like that.

• I always get lot of stares from girls when I wear a dead rat on my head

• I don't wear hats. Why? Because my girlfriend ~hates~ them.

• I think that's stupid.. and I haven't noticed that actually.

And if anything, constant headwear is at fault of causing baldness or lowering the age when the hair start to fall out - as there's dark and sweaty - perfect conditions for bacteria and a lot of nasty things!

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Unless you mean ghetto broads, then probably yes.

• my brother has all kinds of headgear; beret, patrol cap, helmet.. in fact he's required to wear his patrol cap whenever he goes outside.. army dress code, yet he is extremely single. I think that's his own fault tho

• weeeell wearing a hat is much better than a messy I just get out of bed hairstyle.

• Girls like any kind of a guy except for nice and sweet guys. If anyone disagrees Idc because I'm talking from experience