How much does weight matter?

talking to my friends lately both guys and girls seem to ask me how much weight matters. so my question is to what point is someone to skinny or to fat...also do you generally fall for someone in th same fitness level as you or do skinny guys and girls go for slightly chubby girls and guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• It matters, but is not a deal breaker to me. Last night, I had a date with a girl that was fat. She really made it work looks wise though. She dresses right and works with what she has. I think she is actually cute.

Most importantly, her personality is just so amazing that I completely overlook her being overweight. She is funny, down to earth, and has the best attitude I have seen in a long time. I can't help but be attracted to her.

What Guys Said 9

• Health is more important than weight. I don't care too much about BMI, but the girl has to be healthy, feel health and living a health lifestyle. I live a healthy lifestyle (sports, cycling and hiking) and it would be ideal if a girl could enjoy these things with me sometimes. I also would prefer someone of a similar fitness level as myself, but I woul never say no to a slightly chubby girl. Underweight girls not so much.

• I'd say it's more the health/fitness level of the person more so than the weight. You could be 230lbs and still have a solid looking body. On avrg I think most would aim for someone more fit than themselves

• Being a little overweight is just fine, size is not the only thing that makes a person attractive.

"Obese" does not qualify as "a little overweight", of course.

• within a reasonable range, should be OK. Sexual desire and "want it" makes up for a lot.

• No fatties or skinnies, "normal" healthy weight, which of course differs with height etc

• Weight doesn't matter. Body fat% does. If you're above the healthy threshold, consider a few lifestyle adjustments. If you're below it, same thing.

• as much as height does to girls, which is a lot apparently

• Funny thing about this is... weight is something that can be controlled... Height on the other hand isn't. Of course there are those exception to the rule but for the most part.

• It all depends on how the person carries their weight. I know some girls who look hideous skinny. I know some girls that look amazing while being skinny. I know girls who are big and just looking at them is repulsive, and at the same time I know women who are pretty damn big but are sexy as hell. The reason being is because the ones that I find to be attractive, regardless of their weight, know how to carry themselves well. A big part of it has to do with confidence, and some part of it is genetics. Now, just because I find said girl to be unattractive doesn't mean the next guy will think the same way. So, if a person goes about their life with confidence and they carry themselves well, (meaning the way they walk, talk, act... just their overall personality) then they will be just fine and their weight, either too skinny or too fat, won't really matter. Of course, there are those people who are shallow who will find someone unattractive because of their weight regardless how they may carry themselves, but that just makes it easier in narrowing down a person someone might be interested in.

• As long as she's not heavier than me..but if she looks like she's going to die of starvation, then it's too skinny. I'm 120, so my best bet would be nothing lower than 110 (regardless of height) or higher than 120

What Girls Said 3

• i prefer a guy with a slight chub however I don't like chub on myself. fitness for myself is important but I prefer to be more fit than him lol I don't know why

• If they were just slightly chubby it wouldn't matter to me, but if they were obese (sorry) or an unhealthy weight, then no.

• @Ted Star and @anonymous user directly below him, you two are my new favorite people on GAG. Where have you two been hiding? I think I'm a little smitten to find there are some reasonable guys on here!