Should tall girls feel more pressure to be thin?

I am 5'10 and 145 right now. But I feel like I need to lose weight because when I see a girl that's tall, carrying some flub, I just think she looks like a BIG girl. Is 130-135 an ideal weight? (mostly muscle).

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, I think there is too much pressure in general on women, particularly younger women, to be thin.

Second, as other posters have mentioned, it is how you carry your weight that matters. Just speaking health wise, I would not advise you to diet down from you are already. You are tall and 145 lbs is perfectly fine for a woman who is 5'10"; I'd say that 135 lbs at that height is too thin. Exercise to keep yourself firm, tone, and healthy is good, but scales are overrated and you should not use your weight as a way to judge how you look.

Bottom line, if you feel good and healthy at your present weight, then don't stress over the number.

What Guys Said 5

• To be perfectly honest the single most attractive girl I've ever seen in my life weighed about 135-140 at 5'3." And no she was not fat at all.

You're in the ideal range for your height as far as health and attractiveness goes.

• Your weight should be proportionate to your height. You won't have the same ideal weight as a girl who is 5'2" or even 5'6." For you to reach the ideal weight of someone that height would be unhealthy.

• Depends on the build but that sounds like a smaller framed tall girl

• Your perfect at the weight that you are at now.

• your weight sounds like a good weight to be at

• Not sure why. I'd think the taller you are, the more weight you'd be able to carry. 5lbs on a tall girl isn't even noticiable, whereas on a short girl it can be.

• Agreed. 5 lbs on a girl who is 5'10" wouldn't be noticed at all. But on a girl who is closer to 5 feet tall, it would be.

What Girls Said 6

• You're at a healthy weight.And I'm imagining you are slim.Im 5'9" and 150lbs and I am pretty slim.But you also have to remember it's not about a number on a scale,your muscle mass contributes to weight (the number) and it's heavier.You sound just fine to me.:)

• 5'10" and 145 sound quite thin actually...I'm 5'7" and weigh almost 140.

• I'm 5'10", too. I also weight the same as you. I know what you mean, you want to feel tall and lean rather than like a Sasquatch. It really depends on your body type. Don't rely too much on weight.

If you want to lose weight, and would feel better if you did so, do it! There is nothing wrong with that. However, don't feel obligated to do it. I like my body right now, but I have a few areas that I want to work on. I'm not so fussed about weight though, because I acknowledge that working out will make me build muscle as well, which will increase my weight.

Anyway, I'm ranting. I think that if you like your body, awesome. You're a healthy weight, and 145 for our height isn't all that big.

• I'm 5"11 so I can relate. I don't think we should feel pressured to be thinner, but I definitely do, especially when a lot of my friends are shorter than 5"7, so they just weigh like 20 lbs less than me by default.. And 130-135 is an appropriate weight.

• Not necessarily

If I'm being honest, I think tall girls look better thin simply cause it leaves them in the amazon chick category. It just looks bad and makes a tall girl look big boned :/

link

You sound fine to me though, on the thin side anyways haha

130-135 is a good weight also, but you aren't bad looking at your current weight

• I think tall girls can carry weight better, so no I don't think you should feel the pressure to feel thin.