Lifting black hair color. HELP!

I want to go from dyed black hair to a chestnut brown hair color. Is there a box dye that can do the job?

Most Helpful Girl

• Boxed color does not lift dark color. You have to have your hair bleached first and THEN recolored.

The process is called "color correction" and it's expensive/time consuming because black hair color doesn't lift easily. It damages your hair too, making it feel like straw.

Do NOT attempt to do this yourself because you'll jack it up and then it gets even more expensive to fix. Schedule a consult with a hair dresser to get a quote on what it will cost. A consult is free and only takes 15 minutes.

The alternative is to just grow it out.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• There's actually box dyes especially made for dark hair in the garnier brand It's called Nutrisse Ultra color It's specially made to transform dark hair they have three shades of browns,blacks and reds :)

link

• you should have the dye stripped from your hair first. a hair dresser can do this.

• I think you need to go to a professional for that. Anything you do at home you will run the risk of ruining your hair. I would pay the extra money to get it done the right way.

• No. You need to bleach your hair. Get it done professionally.