Glasses on a teen woman - thumbs up or down?

Id always think of someone with glasses as smart eventhough that's kinda judging its usually true. Now I'm going to get glasses but I don't like that I look nerdy because I have braces also but that's temporary.

When you get glasses do you have to wear them all the time and what happens if you don't? I only need them for reading the board far away.I know people that only wear their glasses in the classes but I heard if you get use to the glasses you cannot see unless you wear them and I can see fine so I don't want to depend on glasses.

• Thumbs up
  • Thumbs down

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• I love the nerds. Glasses or no glasses, it's a non issue, though I would add that if women do wear glasses, that they work for the woman's style and personality.

I'd say I'm quite brilliant, and I don't wear glasses, so I don't think it's an automatic assumption that if you wear glasses, you look smarter. ;)

If you ARE nerdy, then be proud of it. Live up to it. If you're not, then just make sure the glasses fit your current look.

• Aw, theyre cte, especially with braces, you will the 'girl next door.' Loads of gusy love that look.

• Not a precise-enough question. Some girls can look good with glasses, some can't. It's hard to describe which girls look good with glasses. Pictures are the greatest asset when trying to find out if glasses would look good or not.

• I voted Thumbs Up..however I see them as mostly neutral...glasses don't generally make a person ugly...and the person usually looks just that much better when they take them off as they climb into bed...(:

• what's a teen woman? Pretty sure teens aren't women. Just as children aren't women.

• It depends, some people look good with glasses some do not.

• If a girl wears glasses then yes she could look cute in them, I don't wear glasses though.

What Girls Said 12

• It depends on your eyesight. If you can see still without them, you can get away without wearing them. No one stands behind you making sure you wear them. However, if you wear them to the DMV or the DMV says that you need to wear glasses when you drive (they'll say this if you fail the eyesight test) then you HAVE to wear them when you're driving. If you don't and someone totally rams into your car, its automatically your fault 100% since you aren't wearing your glasses. It may be different in your state, but most states have this rule as far as I know. Your eyes won't get worse if you take your glasses off. Your eyesight will only get worse because of your eyes, not because of your glasses. I can hardly see far away so I have glasses but I barely wear them unless my eyes have been bugging me or I just need to see something far away.

• If you only need them to see the board, your vision probably won't shift enough for you to need to wear them all the time. Of course, there is a chance that you will realize just how much better you see with glasses and may want to wear them more often. If that's the case though, you can always get contacts.

• Just wearr them...because you need them.Teen Woman?

• well it depends, I have glasses because I am nearsighted, and I am supposed to wear them all the time but I dont, because I think I look better without them lol. I can see fine with out them, but sometimes I get eye strain.

• It depends on how the glasses suit you. After a while of wearing them you'll realise how bad your sight really is when you take them off. I too got mine just for school but I looked good in them and now I use them as an accessory too and I really like wearing them.

• True they're an accessory now, I want new glasses now

• Ask you optometrist? if your glasses are just to see the board you wear them just when you need to see the board there is no reason for you to wear them all the time, if you should be wearing them all the time and you don't nothing will happen stuff will just look blury.

• "teen woman"

Contacts?

• My mom said no contacts plus id get lazy to wear them

• Thumbs up!

• glasses can be hot

• In real life girls without glasses def get approached more.

• Ugh. People wear glasses because they can't see. Being blind isn't limited to smart people. You sound like a prime example.

• HAHAHAHA...oui, c'est vrai..no need to be rude though...I have had at least three people in my life look at me and ask me how I can stand to wear "those"...eh..smh...yeah...because I am grateful that I can see? yeah..some truly dumb sons-a-b*tches out there...O:O

• First, I'm amused at the use of "teen woman" because they are clearly two very different stages of life and experience.

Second, glasses add so much character to anyone's face. Two thumbs up all the way around.

• It was an attention grabber