Looks or personality?

looks or personality?

feel free to add comments on why you chose your option.

boy and girls please...

• Looks
  • Personality

Most Helpful Girl

• PHEWF! I'm so happy the majority of people chose personality. People need to stop judging others on the outside. Sure they have the gift of attracting people from a distance, but it all comes down to who you really are inside.

Some girls are so obsessed with the way they look, that they forget about working on their attitudes, that in the end will win over your good looks.

Please people, be smart and try taking interest in others with beautiful personalities and talents. Keep in mind, that the people you think are good-looking now will end up changing in body and face, for we never stop growing. ;)

• But don't you think that most people clicked personality because they didn't want to seem shallow?

• Naw there really are people out there who go for the personality.

What Girls Said 28

• In my eyes, if I like his personality, I'll most likely think he's attractive inside and out. Plus what's the point in liking someone for their looks. The looks will eventually get old. What's the point on liking a person for their looks if their personality sucks. If their hot, they'll eventually get old and ugly, while if their personality is great, it'll always be great, no matter how old they get. :]

• Personality is much more important. I can't stand guys who look good, but are pathetic and miserable jerks.

• initially looks matter, but if then it's the personality that keeps it going. and if the guy is a dream come true in terms of appearance but has a not so hot personality, then he's not worth the time.

• I find that if you like the person's personality, the longer you know the person then the more attractive you find them. At least imo

• Looks to reel me in...then personality as for the final touches haha

• for me...i first base it off looks. a physical attraction is what gets me first.

THEN...i get to know they guy and then comes in the personality part. : )

so its kinda both...

• It depends on your technique.

If you just walk up and ask a girl out, looks. Because that is all she has to base her decision on.

If you're strong point is personality, you need enough to time to showcase it, to "sell your product" because that is basically what you're doing. The minute in which you chat a girl up is not enough time for you to show off your personality. That is what clubs are for, so you have common interests you can talk about in a casual manner.

This is the same for girls as well.

• I'll be honest and say that looks do matter to a certain extent. When you first see someone you don't think "Oh they have a great personality", you think about what you're attracted to, be it eye color, height, facial features, weight..etc. If they're attractive, of course you're going to want to talk to them again and hope for something more. But looks only go so far, I'll admit. If you're looking for love you look for personality. The few boyfriends I've had weren't the kind of guys you'd look at and immediately want to get with, but I dated them because they were great guys and I was comfortable around them, whereas I'm nervous and shy around good looking guys. When I'm attracted to someones personality, their looks couldn't mean less to me. All that matters is that we have a great time together, and I feel something when we hold hands, cuddle, kiss, and hang out.

• I agree, looks are important in a way. Without the looks I don't think that I would really get to know the personality. Gorgeous eyes, tall, hair, etc. Things that girls look for in a guy that are found in a guy will result to talking which is where the personality comes in for me. If the personality is dull and boring, goodbye lol. He has to have a good fun spirited personality.

• What usually reels me in is looks...but if they have a bad personality I'll move one. If a guy has a great personality then I'll totally go for him, no matter how cute (or not) he is. The only thing that really bothers me is crooked teeth...but other than that, his looks are irrelvent.

• Crooked teeth bothers me too:p

• OMG, I can't stand crooked teeth. All I can do is stare at them and think "Hey buddy, you need braces." My boyfriend has awesome teeth, and I love it when after I kiss him and he smiles I can see how perfectly straight they are. I am sooo envious.

• I myself like a good personality in a guy. The guy I like right now, I can't say I was immediately interested in him when I first saw him. It was once I got to know him and see what his personality was like, that I started to become interested in him and find him more cute. My best friend has only briefly met him and seen him, and she doesn't see what I see in him and wouldn't go out with him, but she's just looking at his outward appearance.

I wouldn't date a guy who was extremely gorgeous and beautiful and what is my preference in looks if he was a complete jerk, but I would date a guy if he had a great personality but wasn't exactly what I thought was attractive in the looks department. Granted, I think you need to be attracted somehow to someones looks, but once you get to know someone I think that you'll begin see things that you like about them and find them attractive in some way.

• Why should I choose one, if the guy I love has both ? :D

It was surprisingly that I love everything on his looks, but I fell in love with him largely because of his personality. He's got everything I could dream of when I am dreaming about a perfect guy.

Sooo why should I choose only personality, if he's very very good looking ? :)

• I mean yea looks aren't everything but the reality is that looks is the first thing.. because if the person is atrocious will you take the time to learn their personality?

• funny how girls want looks more than guys;p

but I said personality. actually I can't date a guy that isn't attractive to me, I know that sounds shallow, but I've gotta have some kinda physical attraction to them for me to go out with them.

but I can become very good friends with anyone of course, just the boyfriend usually gotta be at least a little attractive.

idk I hope that doesn't sound toooo horrible:/

• The best looking guys can be the biggest jerks. I want a guy I can be relaxed around and have fun. I've found that the hott guys I've dated were too cocky and treated me as a tagalong.

• personality can shine past unattractiveness; however, looks can only do so much when you're a dick.

• I always say, It's looks that attract and personality keeps. But in my opinion, if you have a nice personality you start to look better.

• I chose looks because I think being attracted to someone is quite important.but I do agree that personality can outshine looks sometimes.

• I think sometimes the personality can make a person seem even cuter.

• 100% personality.

who CARES about looks anyways?

Well.. I'm not sure about other people, but for me,

personality is everything.

I rather have a nice, caring person by my side then having a hot grouchy person yelling at me allday.

• A good personality is best, it is better to look at what is inside then judge people what is on the outside.

• Mostly personality I don't mind if he's got a few floors in his looks.

• Personality 80 %,looks 20 % :D

• i say both, becuase it's really who you make a connection with

• looks, its the first thing you see! but personality is very important!

• Honestly, looks are the things that attract me first. But at the end of the day, it's personality that wins me over. If they have an amazing personality, that just makes then even more attractive. But yeh, it's true, there's also gota be phyiscal attraction there. So looks+ personality would be my prefrence lol :D

• Looks fade, personality stays

• If a guy is "hot" but at the same time an "@ss." That is so not cool man. I will have to go with personality.

• they both matter to me.I know this may sound shallow, but I wouldn't date a ugly guy with a great personality.and I wouldn't date a good looking jerk.

What Guys Said 10

• I'd pick both if I could. I know I'm not gonna be in shape forever, but I strive to at least look neat and attentive for a date. Why on earth shouldn't I consider the same from my potentials?

• anyone that says personality if lying... In the long run you might want personality over looks but when do you ever hear someone say "Man I'm gonna go talk to her, she looks like she's got a great personality"

there might be a guy with everything you want in a guy,But he's not pretty to look at so won't even get a chance.

• I've said that before quote "i think ima go talk to her...she looks like a real nice person."

• There are ways to tell a person's personality just by looking at him or her. Human beings show personality through how they talk, walk, sound, move, fidget, dress, cry, laugh, accessorize, learn, hate, love, drink, eat, fall, etc.

There are absolutely ways to tell someone's personality from a glance, it just takes training or a natural affinity.

• I believe what you say is true but not entirely, because one cannot do without the other.

• Personality. It is what our soul is like. Physical attraction is good at some point, but personality is all that really matters my friend. :)

• Personality will last forever while looks won't

• I don't know what to say. I think personality does, but cute girls look at a guy like me and think I'm cute like a puppy dog, but not dating material. But who knows

• I like personality in a girl, but I know that girls only date guys because of looks.

• While I'm sure there are girls who do only date guys for looks, there are also girl's who date for personality, like myself. The guy who I like, when I first saw him, no, I can't say I was immediately interested. It was once I got to know him more and saw what a great personality he has, that I started liking him. My best friend who doesn't really know him, and has just seen what he looks like, has said she doesn't know why I think he's cute and I like him, but it's because she doesn't know him.

• Looks get my attention,but personality keeps me interested. Although a great personality can shine through, which hopefuly mine does since I know I ain't the greatest ( but I am better than the rest :)

• i agree, I think the hottest girls are the ones with good personality's and good looks

• It's not that black and white. I'd put up with a bitch if she was drop dead beautiful. But I'd put up with pretty ugly too if she was the nicest girl on earth.

It's the sum of the two that counts. If you have a lot of one, you can get away with not having the other.

• ...That's not really true...

A bitch would get you really tired really soon...trust me....

An ugly chick..even though she could possibly be the nicest person in the world...you'd grow tired of her as well...but perhaps a little later than that 'bitch with all that beauty'...

I say it's the balance that counts!

Beautiful and nice!

You can't go wrong with that now can you!

:P

• Looks are somewhat more important to guys than to girls, in general.

• Good personality is the most important. I'm dating a girl who isn't my usual type but she has an incredible personality and we really click. But if you were to point her out in a club I wouldn't be interested.

• It was like that for me last year...me a baseball player and her an emo chick.....we both just got along and loved bein around each other....then she moved....lol