Why do people assume most tall girls are athletic?

I am tall and athletic (5'8). The thing is that before people even get to know me, a lot of them assume that I'm athletic and they tell me it's because of my height. So I'm wondering how exactly does height indicate that a person is athletic?

Most Helpful Guy

• link

Generally speaking, girls that are taller have higher levels of testosterone than shorter girls.

Sports and competition is often one outlet for taller girls, plus because of their height, they are often recruited for such activities. It goes hand in hand.

Not all tall girls are in sports, but more of them are than shorter ones.

What Guys Said 6

• Tall people are sought out by coaches in many sports, epecially basketball and volleyball, for obvious reasons, so people are going to assume you're into one of those sports..

• really? you don't see that? who plays in the nba? almost exclusively tall people. who plays in the nfl? a few short guys, but the vast majority are tall. volleyball? tennis? I mean there is generally a pretty solid correlation...

• maybe just experience. yeah. known a lot of tall girls. most, actually all I remember were athletic. this is not a bad thing. I thought they were hot being athletic. Not sure otherwise why we make that connection.

• meh that's a load of bull

• i have no idea ;p

• cuz their fat is spread out or they're slim so most people make stupid assumptions. Also, a lot of tall girls play basketball (butches) or other sports like volley ball and soccer

What Girls Said 4

• I'm the same hight as you, and nobody thinks I'm anywhere near athletic. I think it has more to do with body build, and personal style. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you cause you are athletic, and athletic girls are HOT! So embrace yourself:)

• I usually assume they are clumsy. Mainly because they do not know how to use their height to their advantage.

• maybe it's not just your height but your entire body shape

• Well generally tall people excel at sports. For example, it's good to be tall if you play basketball.