How to get long hair without causing breakouts?

I really want to grow out my hair, but I heard that a pill I wanted to take to help grow out my hair actually causes acne :( I already have somewhat bad skin, I was wondering if you know of any really good supplements, hair masques, shampoos, certain oils or techniques to help hair grow super long really fast?

I wanted to get ombre hair for the summer, but it would look silly with my hair length at the moment.

Also, does anyone know if "hair, skin, and nails" vitamins actually cause acne...or no?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly?

Biotin & Hair, Skin & Nails supplements are a great addition to a WELL ROUNDED DIET. Eating a diet rich in dark green leafy veggies(spinach, kale etc), fruits and protein(salmon, tuna, sardines, lean red meat) is the surefire way to ensure that your hair is healthy from within. Regardless of what you apply to your hair topically, nutrients from natural sources(foods) are your best bet.

Use either biotin or Hair,Skin & Nails supplements as a way to ensure you get your vitamins and minerals. The Springvalley Skin,Hair & Nail supplements or Springvalley biotin supplements can be purchased at Walmart and are affordable or you can opt for GNC brand(pricier), but they all contain essentially the same nutrients.

Further advice:

-Use a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. Organix, repure, David Babaii, Aubrey Organics are great selections of shampoos and conditioners. Sulfates are drying and damaging to the scalp and hair

-Use a deep conditioner once a week. Macadamia oil is a good brand(although pricey) but you can always opt for an Organix deep conditioner or Aussie

-Using natural oils such as extra virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil can help improve the overall condition of your hair. It won't make it grow directly, but they can help retain length

Also, you can read my answer here:

link

What Guys Said 1

• I'm interested in knowing some answers to this question myself.

What Girls Said 8

• Keep it healthy! Try to not style it with heat appliances (curler, straighteners, etc). Don't dye it or put stress on your hair. Vitamin b complex will definitely help. I suggest you just try to eat healthy, drink water, and take multivitamins/b complex instead of using the vitamins that may cause breakouts. There's definitely no magic pills or techniques to get longer hair or everyone would be doing it. It just all depends on your hair. You definitely can raise the chances of your hair growing quicker by doing the things I listed though.

I've never heard of hair, skin, nail vitamins. I know that certain vitamins do help all of those things, so I'd say you're better off just finding a multivitamin for women (or for teen girls if you feel more comfortable with those vitamins).

• I had a similar issue id say vitamins didn't help.I tried prenatal to no avail id say just eat healthy and avoid soda and be patient. In a year you'll hopefully see results.

• Try taking omega 3's. Also try hair extensions, here is a link to some that are supposed to be really good: link

• Applying olive oil and egg yolks help hair grow along with a healthy diet

Good Luck!

• Keep hair out of your face

• Don't wear ponytails or buns try braids

• There are no magic pills to make your hair grow any faster than it already does, 1/2" per month (6" per year). Any claims you hear are bogus. A good blanaced diet will make the new growth healthier and stronger so you'll get less breakage, but it will never grow faster because of a pill. Thehair you see coming out at the root was forming 3 months ago. Save you money, because you'll be pissed if you spend it nly to realize I'm 100% correct. Products like those are targeted at the young because of their gullability and inexperience.

• why acant you just grow it the normal way.

trimming it every month like an inch or half inch keeps it healthy and my hair always seems t ogrow after a trim

try not to iron it much or use heat which c an damage more