How important is a guys height?

I'm a pretty short guy (about 5'4"), and admittedly so I'm a bit self conscious about it. I typically pass because I either feel that picking up a particular girl is impossible because she is a lot taller than m or that I wouldn't want to be with her anyway because her being taller than me would make this awkward. What doesn't help the fact is that many times both my female and male friends will bring attention to my height by saying things, like "man you're short", or "whats up little man", or "hey watch it I'm taller than you" when we're kidding around with each other.

However, I feel I have a lot going for me. I personally believe and have been told that I'm an attractive guy. I always get complimented on my style (yes by women), sometimes my female friends will actually tell their BF's to dress like me. I have a solid career path, as I am next in line to take over the family business, which without going into specifics, is in a very respectable industry and is quite lucrative. I play in a guitar in a rock band, I am outgoing and friendly. I'm respectful and kind. the list goes on.

So anyway, how important really is height? And how hard would it be for a guy like me to get a girl whether she is taller OR shorter than me (since short girls also seem to prefer tall guys)?

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess it's a sense of security that the height gives. I'm only 5'2" but I've dated 6' guys and the shortest one was 5'6". I'd date someone who's 5'4" but would probably be hesitant to date someone the same height.

If you are looking for younger girls, I guess height would be a problem, but as girls grow up, appearances are not the main concern to them no more. You've probably seen that many beautiful girls are with average guys. With the list of attributes you've provided, it seems like you're a nice, fun, and smart person, I don't think see any reasons you wouldn't find the right girl for you. Just be confident and don't be too conscious about all this height issue.

What Girls Said 6

• Im 5"1 and all my past boyfriends have been at least 6"

But the guy I'm seeing now isn't that much taller than me...

I like a tall guy because it makes me feel safe because I'm so small, but height shouldn't matter when you like/love someone :)

Your with them for the person they are on the inside even if its not very tall on the outside :)

• Most girls look past the shortness AFTER getting to know the guy. Some don't mind it right off the bat. I personally prefer a guy taller than me or at least my height. If I like him though, his height wouldn't really be an issue for me. But I wouldn't count his height against him. A guy like you really shouldn't have any problems with girls. It's all about confidence, kid. If you meet a nice girl and she rejects you because your height doesn't meet her expectations, then the broad wasn't so nice to begin with.

• Height is important, I guess like for me, I'm 5'0 and I want someone who's taller than me. It gives me security that my partner is bigger than me. Lol. But you have a lot of interesting things and focus.. That's impressive. Girls in the long run would want guys that can provide them security and companionship.. :) So I guess it depends on the opposite gender.

• I am 6 foot 4 inches in height and my boyfriend takes me to about my nose, Honestly height shouldn't affect relationships because the only thing that matters is how he or she treats you, loves you and I always there for you

• Agree, however, everyone you go, Women always are quick to point out when asked about their ideal man, the first thing they say, "well he has to be tall". Women actually normally look for a height range that is beyond the average. They ask for guys that are 5'10+ or something which eliminates about the majority of the male population.

• That is true, although what many people don't realize is that it is the love and the personality of a person not their height because it is easy to judge by saying "no he is going to hit me just because he is tall" when all they want is to be treated like an ordinary person. I love that you "I play in a guitar in a rock band, I am outgoing and friendly. I'm respectful and kind". It is easy to get any girl as long as she doesn't judge you for who you are or what you look like :) You are amazing.

• as long as the guy is taller than me I am fine with his height

• Coming from a girl who's around average height (I'm 5'5) I wouldn't mind if the guy was shorter than me. I liked this guy who was 5'2 or so and it didn't even phase me. Hell, my boyfriend is 5'6 and that works out nicely. Maybe it's just me, but all that really matters is on the inside anyways.

What Guys Said 1

• I guess while I know a lot of girls do like taller guys, I also know of quite a few exceptions. I have a couple friends who might even both be possibly a bit shorter than you, and both have girlfriends who are taller than them, and their relationships are going great.

You have a lot going for you, and girls will notice you, if they haven't already.