How important is a guys muscle tone?

I'm an in shape guy, used to go to the gym (gotten a bit busy and haven't been going as frequently). But I'm not some super buff guy with 6 pack abs who looks like I should be on the cover of a fitness magazine.

Anyway, like the question says, how important is it a guy by really buff? Do you like it if he is super ripped? Or if he is to skinny, or just average? Basically what are your thoughts or preferences when it comes to a guys body?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am seeing a guy that seriously looks like he's a Calvin Klein underwear model and he's SMOKIN HOT! I love his body and it really gets me going. I stay in great shape for him too. My only problem is that other women love him too and can't keep their hands off him either. So, it is good and bad. I love that he's so hot and muscular but that comes with a price. Maybe less hot would be better? I like a guy that is confident and sexy more than a guy that's muscular and ripped. Having all of this together is a wicked package!

What Girls Said 4

• I agree with Eliah...I find it a huge turn off is a guy is really muscular. Grosses me out, actually. I'm not a fan if six packs at all. Just not something that gets me going. I LOVE a guy's upper back, shoulders, and biceps, but I prefer them to be a little meatier and toned as opposed to full-on muscle.

• Personally, I am attracted to specific parts of the body that should be in shape (Like I totally love well-trained shoulders and forearms but can't stand six-packs or biceps). I find it a super turn-off if a guy is muscular and massive like a bull, but it certainly is attractive to me if his appearance is kind of sporty and his muscles show under his skin - healthy proportions, you know? :)

• I like very muscular guys but I am pretty muscular myself and I think it would be weird to be more muscular than my boyfriend.

• I don't ask that a guy be really buff, just healthy. I understand that doing the kind of dieting and exercise needed attain that degree of muscularity and definition to qualify as "buff" takes it farther than that, and that's not a must.

But if the guy isn't a gym rat then I hope he's comfortable with the idea of dating a girl who is stronger than he is. Because I am a gym rat and I spend a lot of time playing with the weights.

What Guys Said 0