How to dress well but avoid male attention?

I want to dress well, and be happy with how I look. What concerns me greatly is the male attention that having pride in appearance tends to bring. When it comes to dressing well but avoiding the attention of men, how do you do it?

I don't want male attention in any form, if that's at all possible, college is simply to busy right now. Dating and friendship aren't a priority, so how to be anonymous without being slovenly?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't. You can dress like a slob and wear baggy clothing, or you can dress well and get attention. Why don't you just be honest with the guys and tell them you aren't interested in dating, but would consider them as male friends? Sounds like a win-win because you're being up front and you just might make a good friend or two along the way.

• Thanks, I appreciate the advice! I'll see what I can do! I'm a bit of an introvert so it'll take some adjustment

• I can't believe there's an article on this XD Maybe one day I'll be open to male attention, maybe :) For now though I'll work on being a better self (maybe more outgoing too). Again, thank you!

• You're welcome dear. Bookmark my article and comment under it and let me know which parts applied to you. Review it regularly for reinforcement and let me know if you need more help. Glad to be of service. If you think this advice was useful, please consider my answer for "best answer". :)

What Guys Said 2

• You can't :)

• Blast your gender! (I say this in good humour of course) thanks for the help!

• lol, no offense taken ;)

• You'll get looks no matter what you wear. Just make sure you're not looking inviting (bad body behavior)...however, do you realize how ridiculous this question makes you sound?

• What makes it ridiculous? Their attention really doesn't do anything for me besides make me uncomfortable.

• It's attitudes like that that have put society in such a poor state. My sexuality has nothing to do with it. I want an education and career. Not a babysitter with a penish. It's called independence.

• As I said...

What Girls Said 4

• In short, you can't.

Men look at attractive women, and if they want to look you can't stop them (so long at that's all they're doing)

Ignore them if you don't want the attention. No one said you have to reciprocate.

• You can't stop men from looking at you. Embrace your beauty, to the world!

stay pretty xo

• Dress causal and conservative. I've been doing that this semester and haven't been getting a lot of male attention yay

• stylish but not particularly sexy. certain trends are not especially sexy but still trendy and considered "nice" by women.

for example menswear blazers... if paired with a skirt or tight pants they can be sexy but with a loose bottom they are not exactly sexy

or those bubble type of shirts those loose ones that are in style, they are trendy and def not sexy