Was anyone on here blond as a kid and the blond got darker as they got older?

i don't even know what my natural color looks like since I've been dying my hair since I was 13 years old. I was blond as a kid and know I have gotten darker since then from age but really don't know what I look like with my natural color. I have died my hair light blond and also dark brunette and am not sure what suits me best. have been thinking maybe I should see how I like my natural color...what do you all think? I always thought that dirty blond (dishwater blonde) was not a very pretty color)

Most Helpful Girl

• i am a dishwater brunette I call it, I'm not quite brunette, my hair is light compared to brunettes, but I'm significantly darker than a blond. it's like a very light brown. in the sun it looks a little gold, there are some warm undertones. but I think most girls with my coloring would just go blond because I'm pale with light eyes.

a lot of people with our color were blond children. I would stay a dirty blond maybe a bit enhanced but not in a fake way. if you are pale with light eyes dark brown may be too harsh. maybe a medium brown? or otherwise a blond that isn't too brassy or fake. I would have to see pics of you.

it is confusing to be our color and decide which way to go. Part of me wants to go blond, part of me wants to be brunette.

My mom and hairdresser think going much darker would be too harsh for me and that if I did change my hair I should go a bit lighter so I have more of a blond look. My friends think blond would look bad and I would be better going darker.

• ah totally understand! I'm dark brunette now and I use self tanner so its not so harsh looking because I do have naturally pale skin.

What Guys Said 2

• I had light hair for the first 4-5 years, then got darker, and darker. By 8-9 it was completely black.

• No but mine went from brown to dark brown almost black and from straight to curly when I hit puberty weird.

What Girls Said 5

• I had dirty blond hair as a kid now my hair is definitely brunette, not sure why it happens but it does lol

• mine was strawberry blond as a kid and it gradually got darker

now it's a medium mousey brown color

but I dye it cause I don't like how dull it looks

• My hair went from blond to golden brown in about 7 years.

• I was very blond up until around second grade. Now I am a ginger.

• i was blond until I was like 3 and now my hair is dark brown