If a person is unphotogenic, does it mean they're actually ugly?

In photos, I just don't look like I do in the mirror. I think I look pretty good in mirrors, but when a photo is taken, I don't look that good at all.

Is it because the mirror or the camera is deceiving me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not necessarily I don't think... I'm like you. I hate pretty much all the photos taken of me but I'm perfectly fine with how I look in the mirror, and even on video. I know I'm, at the very least, half-way decent looking, lol.

A lot of times people are their own harshest critics... I've seen pictures of some people that say they're "unphotogenic" but to me they look totally fine.

• Maybe us unphotogenic people have more flexible faces. So we have more facial expressions, and only when continuously changing, we look good. :o

• My theory is the mixture of camera flash/lighting... or maybe it's just that people like us simply look better in motion! ;)

• Thanks for best answer! :)

What Guys Said 3

• I'm in love with a girl, and I'm not even bias, she's like the most beautiful girl in the world. I met her through a friend, and she convinced me to go out with her, and I agreed, going in expecting her to be, you know, alright, nothing special. And when she arrived I was HOLY SHIT OH MY GOD I'M SO F***ING LUCKY. Honestly, she's a goddess, pure goddess, faultless, flawless, beautiful.

In photographs she looks like she has syphilis. Seriously.

• A camera does not capture light the same as human eyes.

• I actually think my girlfriend looks better in photos haha, I lover her though wouldn't change her for the world.

What Girls Said 2

• lightening in the camera makes people look different for better or worst so yes its the camera

• i'm unphotogenic as FAKKK. I think I look better in real life