Were big eyes only fashion trend?

I thought big eyes were the best. but now all of the celebrities got their big eyes changed into "cat eyes". so wheres the true? what's your opinion? what do you think?

I have one great example - Fergie link her eyes were gorgeous. now she looksy like an evil.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I think of nice eyes, I think more along the lines of like the Kardashian sisters (Kourtney and Kim), Jessica Alba, etc. Women with eyes roughly like theirs... It can depend if you have a color preference too... I like brown eyes and all of these women have brown eyes, so they stand out more for me personally.

Big eyes, in general, are great... What gets me about these women tho is you can totally see the ethnic features in their eyes, but at the same time, they're big and expressive.

Cat eyes aren't attractive at all to me. Not sure what Fergie was thinking... I had no idea that she had work done. She looked way better in the "before" pic.

What Guys Said 17

• Some studies have suggested men tend to prefer more 'youthful' features, including big eyes (kids have proportionately larger eyes). Evidence isn't that solid on it though. General symmetry and proportions probably matter more.

link

• Yes and it is important to note that what men find attractive and what is fashionable/trendy are seldom ever the same thing. In fact often they are at extreme opposite ends of one another.

• Thats just age, but girls with big eyes are concidered beautiful, as long as they express them correctly, but if you have big eyes, flaunt it, you will look awesome, so don't worry about celebs, no one really pays attention to what celebs look like these days, because its all false image, look your best and you5r look better than any celeb, because the real deal is much better than any thing fake, x

• I actually studied this in a psychology course. Bigger eyes are generally seen as more attractive because it gives the person a "youthful" appearance. Babies have much much bigger eyes compared to the size of their body/head than adults, so looking more "baby-faced" is seen as attractive. It's not a trend, it's just human preference.

• What's trendy and what's attractive are two completely different things.

As far as I'm concerned, natural physical features are not trends.

• I personally LOVE big eyes on a woman. I don't think it's a fashion trend, some celebrities are just weird when it comes to style haha. If you had big, beautiful eyes, why would you shrink them? Rachel Bilson has big eyes and she never hides them.

• Hmmm I think eyes of all sizes can be equally attractive. I've never caught on to either fashion trend I guess.

• ANO NO NO NO NO big eyes have never been a trend, eyes of all sizes can be attractive, it all depends on the facial distribution of every part of the body. There are good looking women with big eyes like Lara Stone and then there are women with small eyes like Adriana Lima or Alessandra Ambrossio, it all depends on how your face is distributed.

Small eyes on big or fat faces don't look good, but big eyes on small faces don't look good either as they look like frog eyes.

• Actually, historically, bigger eyes have regularly been found to be more attractive. It might just be people trying to be avant-garde which is always weird.

• Big eyes look better on women overall.

• I say someone can look beautiful with both bigger and smaller eyes, as long as it's natural. Fergies eyes look like sh*t on the second pic.

• I like big eyes more than fake cat eyes. I don't believe its a trend. Big eyes have a youthful look to them.

• i think big eyes are awesome especially when they are Asian XD (or slanted if you want to be direct about it)

• I think there are beautiful people with all different kinds of eyes :)

• u remind me of this other hot chick on here...only she is brunette...both of you are hot...need to work less on your looks...and spend more time on personality & character...(:

• Since you pointed out to me that this comment is directed towards me I am going to respond to you. I am a nice person, I am friendly and have character. I don't talk to people on the internet very often because it makes me uncomfortable. It's very creepy to me that you spend so much time trying to think of ways to provoke me to talk to you. Believe what you want about my personality, I am confident in who I am.

• I don't think they ever were a trend?

• Why on earth do we care about celebrities (people we consider celebs in out society at least) and what they do or wear? It's an insult to onself unless you are making money off of it.

• you can say celebrities are like societies older siblings and we as the young siblings so to say and we look up to them an try to "be" them

• Soon they shall change from cat to donkey.

What Girls Said 12

• Well cat eyes are a makeup fad, but having big eyes is a sign of fertility, which is why men are attracted to women with big eyes. However, there are beautiful people with all kinds of eye shapes and sizes!

• awww I don't know all I know its that I was born with really big eyes

and my eyes are a lot of trouble

even when I get a lot of compliments

• yea I have no clue what your saying.. are you talking about make up? plastic surgery...?

• surgery

• um I only know of it being popular with Asians, and I think it will remain very popular unless western culture dies out, ahh wouldn't that be nice?

• What's "in" in fashion changes constantly, but I think over history- big eyes have generally come out on top. Its a look that is never out of context and always looks good.

I'd save the evil cat eyes for dress-up costume situations.

• Everything changes, so do what you like.

I never really notice and don't care for either

• Everything the celebrities do is "only a fashion trend". Do what you think looks good.

• I WISH I HAD BIG EYES , I actually have a natural cat eye look , like without makeup its still cat eye.

Dunno why would anyone dislike big eyes , they are AMAZING!

• Not really

The average person doesn't give a flip about eyes, big or small is the *problem*

I mean, big eyes are preferred by men but look at the Chinese lol hasn't stopped their attraction and reproductive means.

• Big eyes are preffered but many people are following the kpop (korean pop) style, that's why you see people making their eyes look thinner.

• Big doe eyes are never out of style!

• celebrity trends are often unattractive by the general population's standards, especially what men are attracted to. hollywood is always changing but studies show men are wired to like a soft curvy body that isn't stick skinny but isn't chubby or overweight either, along with a youthful face...including big eyes and a wide smile and long hair.

these features together are all feminine and youthful, which is what men generally like.

curvy just really means a certain waist to hip ratio..her waist is significantly smaller than her hips and she doesn't have a big round belly. it generally also implies she has sizeable breasts and butt but the degree of how large men like these to be varies. many like them on the large side though.

and men definitely like large round eyes! trust me. I have big round eyes and I get a lot of compliments on them from men. I have also heard men say , generally speaking, that they love big eyes on women. it looks youthful, girlie, and pretty.

there is no such trend as small eyes because eye size is a genetic feature, but I'm guessing you mean a look that is considered attractive or preferable.

• big eyes are always in style. A lot of times hollywood tries to push things that just don't work.