How Important is height for girls? Uncomfortable with my girlfriend.

I'm 5'8 and feel insecure about my height. My girlfriend is 5'6 and she towers over me in heels. This and being smaller than other guys, makes me feel less important. I tried working out and gaining mass, with success (abs, more muscle) but I still don't feel confident. I feel like I'm at a disadvantage everywhere including dating.

My girlfriend did say that I was short, and after I got offended apologized quickly and said.. "Your height isn't THAT bad..." I haven't spoken to her since.

Most Helpful Girl

• 5'8 isn't bad for me, I actually don't like really tall guys, I am 5'3 so its easy for a guy to be taller than me.

What Girls Said 3

• My SO is the same height as me, I couldn't care less.

I can see why you'd be uncomfortable with it if she is uncomfortable with it. But recognise that it doesn't matter, or she wouldn't be with you.

• 5'8" is perfect! Tell your girlfriend to get shorter or quit being shallow.

• height isn't important to me at all, and 5'8" isn't short.

What Guys Said 1

• Well if your height bothered her she wouldn't be with you to begin with. She's obviously attracted to you. I think you need more confidence because 5'8" is around average height. If you're secure and confident in yourself it shouldn't be a problem.

• Also I had friend who was 5'7" was a complete stud in high school.. I mean ALL the ladies wanted him. Beauty is more about attitude.