If your girlfriend isn't as pretty what would you like her to do?

my boyfriend told me I'm not really pretty but in his words "you're not really pretty" and I'm not sure what to do. of course it hurt my feelings but since its his first relationship and he's normally really shy and sweet, I'm not sure how to take it. should I ask him what I can do to be pretty or ask online like on yahoo answers? he's 22 and I'm 18 by the way and I'm not holding it against him since he's a virgin and I'm his very first girlfriend

Most Helpful Guy

• You didn't really need to tell us he was a virgin and you were his first GF; the fact that he'd let those words come out of his mouth tells us all that and more. LOL. That is something that you just don't say, ever. And he probably wasn't trying to be offensive and hurtful, but obviously he's going to hurt your feelings by saying it.

I have no idea what HE considers to be "pretty', and even if I knew, that doesn't necessarily mean that you could be more that way. And you shouldn't HAVE to be either. He obviously knew what you looked like when he got together with you, and if that wasn't good enough, he should never have got together with you in the first place.

If you REALLY want to "look prettier" for him, then you'll need to ask him what he'd prefer.

What Guys Said 12

• How did this even come up in conversation? I'm curious to know.

That being said, it wasn't very thoughtful thing to say.

As long as a girl stays trim and has long hair, most guys should be happy. That being said, you shouldn't beat yourself up over the comment, even if he lacks tact. If he says anything continually along those lines about your body, then you should probably leave him. If he says stuff like that, whey did he ask you out? Shouldn't guys only ask out girls that are attractive to THEM? It makes no sense otherwise.

• he's an ass...no excuse for it...dump him. period.

you are pretty...i'm a 26 year old virgin and believe me honey, he isn't worth your time. being inexperienced is NEVER an excuse to degrade any person, much less your girlfriend...disgusting guy. and what are you doing apologizing for him? you deserve better.

• Okay, that's just something that should never leave a man's mouth and enter a woman's ears. You just don't say that. Hiding from your boyfriend behind makeup is not the answer.

You know what, I am so angry I am going to say return the favor and ask him how he feel. Something like "Coming from a 22 year old virgin? Since when did begger become chooser?".

• Um... ask him why he is in a relationship with you if he doesn't think you're pretty.

He is quite tactless for a 22 year old.

• Then why is he with you?

Find a person who likes you for who you are & what you have to offer.

That's an awful thing to say to someone.

He's 22 never had a gf? Somethings wrong with him.

• at 22, he should at least know how to talk to a human being without hurting their feelings, girlfriend or not. He is either retarded or mean. Drop him regardless

• Find a guy who knows you're beautiful. My dad used to tell me to only get involved with girls who you'd eat a mile of their sh*t just to kiss their ass ;p

Given it was mainly for a shock laugh but there is still some truth there lol.

• He knows how to talk to women, that's for sure...

There is something that will always suprise me, it's the lack of confidence.

Like the guy kissed you, so you don't care, he can say/do whatever during a long while before you girls realize he's an ass.

And then you cry for months because you weren't good enough, while you've just been in the hands of a jerk.

A virgin jerk, that's new, though. You should definitely brings this discovery to your local sciences comity.

• Get rid, he not worth it. To say that to someone you love is rediculous. Find someone better.

• Be herself and enjoy more sex together, she will almost certainly give her head.

• show us pics

• If he embarrassed to be with you because he doesn't think that you are pretty enough for him, then you are obviously too good for them.

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds like he doesn't know what it means to have a girlfriend, and how to treat one with respect. I'd kick him to the curb. :/

• Try using makeup to enhance your features & straightening your hair if you don't.

Exercise & eat healthy.

Dress for your body shape and type

Beware of older male virgins...there's generally a reason they're that way

• Dump him. His lack of social graces are glaring you in the face. What a horrible thing for your boyfriend or ANYONE to say to you. At the very least, every girl deserves a boyfriend who finds her attractive. His remark is not just uncaring and rude but shows a lot about how he conducts himself.

Find a new guy.