Do guys get intimidated when a tall girl wears heels?

I am not extremely tall, I am 5.6, but when I wear heels guys tell me "take them off, your too tall!" usually it is the short guys will tell me that, but sometimes guys who wouldn't be considered as short or are actually tall say that too. Should I try finding smaller heels, or just be confident with my height in the heels I have? (btw the heels are about 3 sometimes 4 inches) so I am like 5.9 with heels!

Also do guys get intimidated when a girl is taller than them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 5'5 and I would not have a problem with it, I would just have to look up at you more.;)

What Guys Said 8

• Some guys get intimidated, yes. Most guys are used to being taller than their girl, and like that feeling of being able to protect her and make her safe, and if the girl is taller, even if it's just because of heels, they no longer feel that way and it bothers them.

But other guys will just appreciate how those heels make you look, and won't really care that you're taller. They'd rather enjoy how you look in them, and show you off in them.

So it really comes down to the guy you're with, and how much you care about making them happy.

• don't find tall girls intimidating at all. Taller than me, shorter than me, whatever. I just don't like heels and would prefer a girl who didn't wear them, regardless of the look. If she did wear heels we would never be able to go out anywhere together.

• Why don't you like heels?

• not so much a pet peeve as just general sensory offense. my senses work differently than most people's because of different brain wiring. I process sounds differently and certain sounds are painful to hear. so I do not like them.

• but yes I do not care at all about looks in the way a person dresses. I do however like when someone puts practicality before style in the way they dress. a girl who wears practical clothes over stylish clothes is my type 100%.

• first of all -- that man should be castrated! any dood who makes a statement like that clearly does not appreciate nor understand that heels on a woman are the ultimate and sexy and if theyre not secure enough to date someone or intelligent enough to realize that women wear HEELS before asking you out...their bad!

Be confident in your height and the heels you have and not all of us are intimidated by taller women...Im not...

• Stop dating midgets.

• I prefer girls your height because something about a girl being taller than me WITH heels on, is extremely sexy. I'm 5'8"

• I don't..I am 5' 11 1/2" and one of my best gfs was 6'1"...you could wear heels...I don't like them in general because I don't think they are good for your feet...but occasional use would not bother me at all...(:

• I wouldn't care if a girl was taller than me in heels (unless she's like 5 inches+ taller with heels), she'd still be shorter than me without

• i don't get intimated when a tall girls wear heels. I just notice there taller and that's that :)

What Girls Said 5

• Pfff those guys are wussies. I'm 5"7' and the last time I wore heels, I barely reached my bf's height anyway (he's 6"1'). Even if I did, he wouldn't mind. My boyfriend doesn't mind me standing one step higher than him on stairs, so why would he give a sh*t if I'm suddenly a lot taller than usual? Those guys are complaining because they're hung up, that's all. Wear your heels with pride and keep your head high girl!

• It intimidates some guys, but you probably want to avoid those guys so don't let them keep you from wearing heels.

• Im the same height as you, and I don't have that problem at all. If you want to want to wear heels go ahead wear them.

• 5ft 6isnt tall and besides that why change something that makes u feel hot 4 an insecure guy. I'm 180m with out heels and still wear heels anyway I'd also hear that whole make me intimidated bulldust bt since doin modellin I dnt care anymore and u shdnt either. rather stop dating insecure guys cse a strong guy will take u as u are shoes and all lol

• I feel ya girl! I'm 5'7" and I LOVE wearing heels...they just make me feel so much more confident and feminine. I get comments every once in awhile from guys about me being too tall, but very rarely. If they don't like it, then they're most likely just insecure with themselves. I agree with sarahruth...if you want to wear them, wear them! : )