Is curly hair really that bad?

my boyfriend hates my curly hair and always tells me to straighten it and the few times I haven't he got pretty irritated and told me I should have straightened it. I know its unconventional in a way but I have long curly black hair. I don't expect compliments are answers lying to me so its fine if curly hair is bad it won't hurt my feelings.

is curly hair really that bad?

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally, hate curly hair. It's not unnattractive, it just doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.

Also your boyfriend is a douche, if he doesn't want to be around you without your hair straightened, maybe you should consider not being around him at all.

What Guys Said 5

• It's not so much the curly hair, it's the way that curly hair compliments your features.

I'm a fan or straight hair, but I never looked at a girl and thought "eeew, curly hair... NEXT!".

• I like curly, straight, and wavy hair on girls and would never demand that my girlfriend change hers. Honestly, as long as my girlfriend let me play with her hair as much as I wanted to, I really don't have a preference for the texture. Your boyfriend needs to chill.

• I think curly hair rocks.

Why did he start dating you if he dislikes your hair so much that he pretty much forces you to change it? Dick.

• Your boyfriend = douchebag.. Curly hair rocks.

• Not at all...and most guys are pretty accepting of a female's hair...O:O

What Girls Said 6

• it's weird. curly hair is beautiful. I mean, who wouldn't want a hair like this?!

link

I have curly hair. It looks like the link below, except mine's real and not so extremely perfect. But the curls shape and size are just like mine.

link

F*** THAT DUDE! He gotta love it or leave it.

• your hair isn't the problem, your boyfriend is.

smh @ him actually getting mad that you didn't straighten your hair and telling you you should have straightened it. is this real life or is this just fantasy?

• Your boyfriend is a douche.

• apart from the part that he is not treating you right, I have a question: do you have nice, smoth curls, or frizyy ones? if your curls are smooth, I think that your boyfriend should not force to straighten them, as those kind of curls look really good. alternatively, if they are frizzy, try some hair masks, or shampoo for curly hair

• I think curly hair can be completely beautiful. That being said some girls pull it off better than others and also it depends on the type of curls (whether your hair is frizzy, what products you use, etc.).

I personally couldn't handle being with a guy who expected me to maintain a certain appearance.. I'm lazy by nature and he'd have to just deal with how I look normally. I realize you weren't asking about your boyfriend though.

Different people have different preferences, but no curly hair isn't that bad.

• Curly hair is kind of ugly but he shouldn't be an ass to you