Can you wash your bellybutton piercing with only water?

The first month I always cleaned my piercing with salt and water and it worked fine. But now, I live kinda stressful, so it happened many times that I only washed with warm water, which I've done for like two weeks. It workes fine too for me, or it gets clean and I don't see anything weird.

But, does it increase the chance of getting an infection to only wash with hot/warm water?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do not think only water won't kill any infections. Don't you have special piercing cleaning fluids or something?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• water will not kill an germs only wash dirt away. when I run out of percing clenser I usually just use some anti bacterial soap to clean it with

• Once you clean it with salt and water for the first six weeks you should be fine. It should be healed now. Just clean it when you are in the shower/bath with ordinary soap/shower gel etc.