Girls which is more important in a guy, looks or personality?

I guess guys can answer what they believe girls would prefer in a guy. Please be honest.

• Looks
  • Personality

Most Helpful Girl

• I wanted to answer to this comment from the author: "Then why does it seem like all girls go for the good looking guys who are rude, and then they just leave nice guys with a good personality as not an option."

I thinks people are naturally drawn to everything attractive, be it a person or a thing. Physical beauty is a miracle and people are so fascinated by it, they often overlook it's more subtle, inner version. Some are not mature enough to realize which kind is more of value, but why worry about those people? I personally wouldn't want to be with them anyway.

• I wouldn't want someone like that either but it really does make me sad when people don't even consider me and they just move on.

What Girls Said 22

• Personality is huge! I won't pretend looks aren't important, because they are. There needs to be some physical attraction, because if a guy has an amazing personality but there isn't a physical attraction, then that can place them in the "friends" category. Sometimes, I will see a guy I find really attractive but come to learn that he did not have a personality to match, and he will then become completely unattractive in my eyes. So once again, personailty is huge! Then again, I've also began with no physical attraction to a guy and then I come to learn they have an amazing personality and then I begin finding things that I really do find physically attractive about them just because their personality seems to make it stand out.

• I know it seems cliche to say personality but I know from experience that super attractive guys with no personality are a novelty and aren't even eligible for serious relationship status. On the other hand, guys with great personalities that aren't initially physically wow-ing you really tend to grow on you and are much higher in consideration for a real relationship. I've fallen hard for guys, that I initially placed in the friend zone, because they just had amazing personalities and we just clicked.

Looks fade with age but personalities always shine. It often takes time and maturity to see this though.

And on the flip side, I've known guys who complain that girls never like them for their personalities and because they're "nice guys" when they won't give a second glance to GIRLS who aren't drop dead gorgeous but have great personalities. Two way street folks.

• Personality is a must, but there has to be a physical attraction on some level. And that doesn't mean that the guy has to be drop dead gorgeous. A guy with a great personality can make him physically attractive. But to me, I tend to stay away from guys that are super hot, but have crappy personalities. But you will find girls that are super shallow and only go for looks.

• Well basically its 50/50. Because a girl is going to go up to you if your completely ugly..no offense, its just human nature. But you have more of a chance if you have better looks. The Personality plays a BIG role though, because I've known alotta hot guys and dumped them because they got on my nerves! So at first looks will matter, but after that, the personality will come in big time. So you should have both

• hands down personality. but reality is we don't mind going out with a good looking guy either ^_^v

• Personality is the most important in a guy because good looks fade in the end and the personality doesnt

• Then why does it seem like all girls go for the good looking guys who are rude, and then they just leave nice guys with a good personality as not an option.

• I don't know maybe its because they think just because they're on the arm of a cute guy means they are going to get all the attention of other girls and make them jealous but all girls are different and I'm not like that

• Personality, the way he treats me.

However, you can't force chemistry, so if you just don't like him, nothing will change it.

• personality,

my friend set me up with a really hot guy, I had meet him before but he didn't talk much.

so I went on a date with him, everything was going great then he opened his mouth. by the end of the night I wanted to strangle him. I restrained my slef but he drove me insane!

• Why can't I find a girl though I am a nice guy is confidence really that important.

• Confindence is big. you have to be willing to put your self out there. I know it is old fashoin but some girls expect a guy to do the asking so yea confidence is a big thing.

here's a tip:

i am the shyest person in the world but I am a model so I can't show how shy I am. basically just walk with your head held high and wear what suits your body type. trust me it;s full proof how do you think I get all my jobs.

Then when your done asking her out or what ever you can freak out.

• a combination of both, obviously..looks are good for dating for like a month, but a personality lasts forever

• But what if the guy is not good looking would he not stand a chance.

• She definitely should! but you just said it wouldn't work if you spent some time getting to know each other?

• The thing is it takes me time to feel comfortable with a girl I like.

• I think personality is WAY WAY WAY more important. I throw looks out the window now because most guys that are hot are to into themselves, talk to much, jerks or gay. Well some of them are...there can be really cute guys with great personalities but they are hard to find. But I have dated a few guys who were average or just didn't look so great with the best personalities. I think if they have the personality then there looks won't matter or your just to shallow.

• It's the confidence I like. There are some physical traits that catch my eye, but if it's all looks & no brains, if he's conceded, or complete ass, or dull, it's not going to work for me. Looks can only get you so far, then it's the personality that has to shine through.

• What if they guy is nice but lacks confidence.

• Nice guys are great! But if he lacks the confidence to a point that he doesn't think he's worth anything, then I wouldn't be interested. Being shy is another story, I don't think that shy people lack confidence. If a guy doesn't think he's worth it, I don't want to be constantly trying to make him feel better about himself.

• Personality. As long as YOU are attracted to the person physically, it doesn't matter if their good looking or not. But personality 100% you have to be able to communicate with them!

• for me it would be personality I really don't care about looks as long as they make me laugh and they are nice to me..

• for me, personality is more important than looks..looks can fade away as time goes by but personality is different..you can always feel at ease every time you're with a person who has a good personality...

• personality what is a guy with a gd looking without personality

but if I can get them both would be amazing ! but personality comes first

• Personality is the most important factor, however you do have to be, to some degree, physically attracted to the guy as well. In most cases, that's how potential lovers get the motivation to approach one another for the first time.

• i love personality ,but the boy has to be at least a little over average looking :P .

• Both, but, if I had to choose one personality wins hands down

• Girls that voted looks are probably just wanting to show him off & not care about him. He can be a stunner, but if he is a jerk that's a turn-off! I love guys that can make me laugh.

• Really?

• Yeah, looks are only one part of a person. Their personality makes them whole.

• What if he is so shy he can't talk to you. What if he is so quiet. would you ever talk to a shy guy and make the first move.

• equal

• some people would say personality all the way but deep down I personally think looks matter to a point. I know it sounds superficial but it what I believe. if I can't look at him I probally wouldn't date him to be honest

• Personality can make a guy hot. But I prefer a guy that I'm physically and emotionally attracted to. :)

• So your answer is looks. So I really should just give up on love and admit to myself that there is no girl that will ever love me?

• I think you just might need to put yourself out there, get into more activites and meet new people with the same interest's as you. Don't worry about being single ALOT of people out there feel lonely when they're single, doesn't mean you will be forever.

• I just don't know what to get into or anything I really am not super interested in anything.

What Guys Said 4

• Looks is the #1 thing always when you meet someone new...personality comes second after you find the right look.

My Blog: link

• Why have people disagreed, you can't disagree with what a guy personally does when he meets a girl.

• Yeah but sometimes you have a certain type but wen you meet smeone who has a great personaluty; that goes out the window. you're cute btw, lol

• Its 50% each. If she is not good looking I don't think the realtionship woud go anywhere, and if she gots a bitchy attitude then I wouldn't even talk to her

• Beauty is what you have when your looks fade. I think I'm okay looking, some women find me attractive and others don't (psycosis is more common than you think). But don't base your values on something as contigent and relative as apperance.

• both 50 percent but its normally looks which will bring people together at first but personality that keeps them talking to you and wanting to know you

• I totally agree. sometimes if I'm alittle attracted to a guy I will see him as super hot later on after getting 2 know him. I say 40% looks 60% personality

• Thanks