Not washing your hair... gross?

so I was wondering who else washes their hair every other day? I recently started doing this and just within a few days of doing this I've noticed soft, flowing healthy hair. Vs. the wash it everyday dull, hay hair. I mean not washing your hair don't make you a filthy person not like your hair smells near as much as an unwashed ass, nutsack,p**** ect.

Most Helpful Girl

• i wash my hair every third or forth day. when you wash your hair with shampoo it strips your hair of its natural oils and it then overcompensates for that loss and your sebaceous glands overproduce the oils making your hair appear very greasy/oily looking. when you shampoo your hair very rarely your sebaceous glands produce the proper amount your hair needs and it actually is self cleaning. when you strip your hair of the natural oils too often your hair may become dry and straw-like. showering and conditioning are all fine and dandy as a daily ritual, but shampooing should be limited for your hairs sake. for the first little while your hair may look greasy when you try to space out your shampooing but it will get better eventually and in the long run be better for your hair. in the meantime you can use a dry shampoo to adsorb access oil or even baby powder.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 6

• It depends on the person. I have to wash everyday or my hair looks disgusting. If that works for you and it doesn't look like a big grease ball then go for it. You can spray your hair/use hairspray if you think it smells.

• I think it really depends on the person and what they do everyday. For example, if you're an athlete or you hit the gym or swim every day, then it's probably best to wash it daily. But if you're not really doing anything all day long or don't even need to leave the house, then perhaps your hair isn't that dirty and so doesn't require daily washing.

Also, it depends on how much product you put into it. Personally I don't like to sleep with any product in my hair so I either don't use anything or I wash it the minute I get home.

• if you don't wash your hair long enough it smells I know a couple people I can smell them in a room by there hair alone its gross. but washing your hair every day is not good it takes the minerals/ oil.. out of it that's why it looks gross nad dry

• well I'm not saying to go a week without washing your hair lol 1-2 days tops anything over your just nuts

• well I have to my hair is so thick that I actually wait 2 weeks and let my hair stylist do it. Its healthy and does not smell but if I wash it 3 times in 2 weeks my hair will look like a dry lions mane.

• Well when I'm not licking myself, I use organic shampoo (and soap) to clean up, both of which are free of harsh chemical abrasives. Part of the reason people lose their hair is because of corosive shampoo chemicals.

• NOBODY is supposed to wash their hair everyday. natural oils protect the hair and washing it out isn't good. I wash my hair every week. I also deep condition it every week too. my hair is dry and fragile so it helps to care for it

• i wash my hair everyday. I don't feel comfortable if I don't wash my hair.

• i didn't at first either until I noticed the difference