Honest opinions on prom dress?

So I went out and bought my prom dress today. I was stuck between two and all of my (girl) friends think the one I decided on is really pretty...while my guy friends, my dad, and my brothers are wanting me to go return it and go with the other option. I like them both pretty much equally so I'm curious about the trend here.

This is the dress I picked out.

link

It's half the price of the other dress. And I mainly picked it because I decided it would make sense to have a "fun" dress this year and then I can always get something more elegant for my senior prom.

This is the dress my brother, dad, and all of the guys in general seem to prefer.

link

Which one would you go with?

My prom date wants to be surprised so I can't ask his opinion, or else I would of by now. Thanks.

• The colorful one.
  • The pink one.

Most Helpful Guy

• Go with the fun dress--you make the right call. And might I say: WOW! Your date will not be disappointed! Is he a boyfriend?

• Nope he's not a boyfriend. But thanks!

• Haha wow that's ironic.:p And rofl...glad it worked out then!

Thank you very much. And he doesn't live here, but we're sort of making plans already for him to come here around the time of next year's prom. There's no telling if it'll happen that way or not. I have a softball game in the morning though so I should probably go to sleep...Night.(:

• Yeah, a year is a lifetime at that stage! Hopefully you find a guy closer to home, especially over the summer when there's time and sun to have fun in!

Have a good night! I should get ready for work!

What Guys Said 9

• Can I say I hate them both?

You need a short prom dress. Here are some examples of what you'd look good in...

Red and Rosy

link

link

Simply Pretty

link

Yellow Mellow

link

I'm a little teapot

link

Pink obsession

link

Classy

link

I got sunshine

link

Anyways yeah. Yours are too long. And you're a decent height, so you should show off your legs. Long prom dresses are for short girls.

• The only thing is I'm very much against wearing a short dress to prom haha.:o Short=homecoming.:/

• Hahaha thankya.(:

• Prom is meant for long dresses. Think Academy awards, when going to prom

• eh..I am male...and it's just a dress..lol..the 2nd one is probably the showier, classier of the two...but the one you picked out is more of the fun dress...and...it shows your figure quite well...either will serve...if you like the first one...then go with it...(:

• I like the second one better it looks more elegant to me, but you should go with the one that you want to wear, it's your choice.

• Whichever you feel more confident in (:

My opinion is:

I like colorful one better

• I like them both. Go with the one YOU like

• The first one is funkier.

Just do what you want to do.

Do you feel better by impressing other people?

• Nope..I just got kind of let down when my dad was hinting that I should go return it, so I'm second guessing it now kind of.

• When you feel good about yourself, you're transmitting that feeling to other people.

So, take the dress you like and that's that.

• Okey doke.:p

• I like the colorfull one the best. You look amazing! :)

• The second one I guess considering you look like an African woman with the first one on. Like no joke white black grl?

• I'll go with your brother and dad, and other guys...

What Girls Said 9

• The first one.

Your figure looks wonderful in it.

And like you said - there's no harm in having something a little fun for prom, especially when it's not your last.

• I prefer the colorful one! It suits you a lot compare to the second dress.

• I like the first one very much! Keep the one you have!

• i like the first one better! my dress just came in today :)

• the first one! loveee the colors and it looks so pretty on you :)

• I like the first one more, although imo it doesn't look very prom-ish.

• I can kind of see how it doesn't..

• my daughters spend A LOT of time trying on these dresses lol and one daughter likes the funkier styles with the cut outs and the animal prints and the younger one likes the more sweet stuff so I get a lot of looks at what's hot right now.

the top one is more the funky style and the 2nd one is more the colors they're using now. I like the 2nd one better but the top one is the style most girls are going for right now. They both look nice on you though :)

• I like the secound dress better, but both of them are nice.

• I could never pull of any of those dresses ! They both look nice on you ! I like the 1st one better though ! Stick to the one you like :-) Lots of multi-colored dresses are in style now too !