What to do about greasy hair?

My hair is really greasy naturally, what is something that I can do or use to dry it out a bit?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Baby Powder: apply a small amount to the scalp of the hair for it to soak up the grease and then comb it out.

2. Dry Shampoo: depending on the brand, this may be expensive but works wonderfully. Whenever I don't have enough time to fix up my hair in the morning, I would use this to control the greasy hair. And just like the baby powder, comb it out after you are done. Also to add a little bit more volume, backcomb your hair. If you have the same problem as me, your hair would get really flat when it's a little greasy.

3. Take daily showers ;D

Hope this helped.

What Guys Said 1

• First of all, with your hormones how they are now, you're going to be getting random stuff like that.

Second, how often do you _currently_ wash your hair and what type of shampoo?

What Girls Said 6

• I have the same problem. If I wash my hair in the morning then its greasy by night time and I hate it. Its all hormones in your case and your hair will do weird things while your pregnant and it will take months for it to go back to normal. I wash my hair everyday but if your in a hurry then you can just sit down on your knees and wash your hair in the tub without taking a full shower but that only works if you have a removable shower head. Baby powder works really good but you will have to wash your hair at least every other day. Dry shampoos work too but I bought it once and I paid $25 a bottle that lasted me a week or two. Make sure you use the right shampoo as well. My hair is color treated but I won't dare use shampoo for color treated hair cause it makes my hair really greasy. Use volumizing shampoo for normal hair for the best results. I just realized that bending down to wash your hair in the shower won't work if your pregnant with triplets so sorry about that LOL. You can do that after you give birth :)

• can't really recommend products, because I havn't used any in over 3 years. I don't wash my hair, when you do this your hair naturally balances itself out, so it becomes the perfect amount of oils, but I wouldn't recommend this to any one who isn't completely devoted, you will have to change your diet if you don't want your hair to stink and you can't use hair sprays or products... plus you must come your hair ALOT(to bring the oils to the ends). Not for everyone, but something to consider..

• It depends, how much do you wash your hair?

If you're washing it super often, it's probably drying your hair out and your body is over-compensating by excreting more natural oils - making your hair greasy. If you're washing it rarely, it could be the build up from the shampoo/conditioner you're using.

Wash your hair every 2-3 days. Use shampoo and condition only the ends (this will keep your ends nice and moist, but let your scalp dry out a bit). It might take a few weeks for it to become regular, but it should get a heap better :)

• put baby powder in your hair

• Baby powders work..considering that you wash you hair at least every other day.

• i had the same problem! I washed it everyday but now every second day is okay

try to use really mild shampoos without silicones if you need shampoo your scalp twice

if you use harsh chemicals it will strip off the natural oils of your head and so your scalp will only produce more oil