I'm only 4ft 11 and I'm 17!

Is this a turn off? I'm really insecure especially when people always point it out, like I don't realize most of the majority of people are all taller than me. This guy in my class was being horrible to me one day and told everyone I was a midget?!

Most Helpful Guy

• That's very mean and lucky for girls, being short isn't as bad for them as it is for girls.

Guys are very happy to be taller and bigger than their girl so don't worry about your height, it's something you can't control and should just embrace it and roll with it.

The guy is an a-hole as many teenage boys are. Just stay skinny. plump and short is awkward.

What Guys Said 7

• Hobbits are cool and the reason we are on this good earth and I for one digged girls which were shorter then me, makes me feel more manly, I'm 5'7 btw.

• Frankly you're probably a bit lucky because every guy is in your league as opposed to be 6ft tall, where a 5'7" guy would likely not try and hit on you. As long as everything is proportioned and you don't look like a little dwarf, I don't see why it would be a turn off. Then again, I'm a short guy so I kinda like girls like you.

• Your petite little lady, be proud, its a good thing really

P.S I like that word petite petite petite petite petite petite petite petite petite

Dam its lost all meaning =(

• No worries, you have a wider array of men to choose from. Most guys prefer a girl shorter then themselves, with you being 4'11 the majority of men are an option for you. Don't even worry, he is just teasing you

• Many men in fact prefer petite women. I'm 6ft so 4'11" could be a little challenging during certain endeavors (ahem). Ultimately a cute girl is a cute girl regardless of height IMO.

• I have never heard a guy say, "She's too short for me."

• Guys like short women. With their small hands... certain things they hold appear a lot bigger. :D

What Girls Said 1

• link

link

link

Your height actually gives you a major advantage over taller girls, both scientifically and socially. Guys usually prefer women shorter than they are. Being at the shortest end of the spectrum means you can date about 99% of men, whereas a 5'11" female who wants a taller partner can date only about 5% of men.

Being a short female is a gift.

• That last article what the f***? "There should be social rules and regulation governing against short man, short woman relationships."

Let's outlaw evolution and give short men an even bigger disadvantage! o_O

• that is somewhat true. But it was also stated in one of the articles (or another I didn't post) that most men have a subconcious preference for short women (5'0"-5'2") so lots of guys are probably like you and say it doesn't matter when they don't even realize because it's a preference, but not a concious one that's on their mind when selecting a mate.

• Dude no. It's nothing to do with characteristics. Height hardly has any influence on those.