5'10 and 130. Is this too much?

I am 5'10 and 130lbs. I see other girls that are a bit shorter than me that I know weigh that much and they are pudgy. Whenever I ask my BFF she always tells me I'm fine, but I think she just doesn't want to be mean..is 130 to much?

Most Helpful Guy

• 130 is fine, your BMI is 18.6. 18.5 or below means you're underweight, so definitely nothing to worry about!

What Guys Said 3

• For 5'10' that sounds ideal! According to most calculators the average is 150 for 5'10" but depending on your frame it ranges from 132-145 for a small frame, 142-156 for a medium frame, 152-173 for large frames.

So...it looks like your BFF is being just that!

• Taller people weigh more. At your height, 130 is fine.

• For your height, that's perfectly fine.

What Girls Said 7

• We girls really need to stop thinking so negatively about numbers. A number doesn't determine whether or not you're fat, unhealthy, etc... I'm sure that I weigh more than I look, but the number still bothers me. I think people get these ideas because of the BMI. I think the BMI is stupid. If I wanted to be in the "normal" range, I'd have to lose about 90 pounds... and being as short as I am (5'2), I'd probably look sickly if I lost that much weight. I think you just need to judge yourself by how you look, not what the scale says.

• That is very, very skinny.

• well I think I am like 130lbs, or to close to it, and I am 5'3, so yes I would be carrying the weight differently, so that is your reason for "pudgy" girls.

• Most models who range from 5'9"+ weigh 120-140. You're tall, you aren't going to weigh the same as a girl who is 5'5".

Your weight is fine.

• I'm 5'8 and 140. Everyone thinks I'm thin. Trust me you have nothing to worry about since you're tall. It's not like you're going to shrink in height. If you still feel bad, maybe just tone a bit (but remember muscle weighs more than fat).

• Don't you dare get any lighter, okay? You're flirting with anorexic weight as it is.

• That's like borderline anorexic