Do you know anybody who thinks they're more attractive then they actually are?

I don't really think I'm attractive but sometimes I think what if I'm actually not even as attractive as I think I am. In example I think I'm about a five out of ten but sometimes I wonder what if I'm actually a three out of ten and I just think I'm a five out of ten? I'm not looking for sympathy or anything. I'm just wondering do you ever feel this way or do you know somebody who thinks they're more attractive then they actually are?

I think we all have those days where we feel and think we look like poo. The problem with me is I already kind of think I look like poo regularly but sometimes I think I look even worse than I already think I look. I guess I just need to have confidence in myself and my looks and just try to be as happy as I can in my skin.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. They're everywhere in high school. And they're usually the mean ones that talk everyone else down because they're "sooooo hot" that it's okay to be a nasty word to people. So I'm sure not all of them grow out of it. It's usually the ones that don't think they're the best there is that are really pretty. And I think you're higher than a 5 so don't sweat it.:p

• "to be a nasty word to people"

Lol that really made me laugh out loud haha. :-P

• I tried not to cuss and I succeeded.:p

• I think high school is where people like that strive in trying to boost their self esteem and put other people down. I agree, there's some girls who are quiet and reserved and are self-conscious about their looks when they are truly beautiful.

What Girls Said 7

• I know plenty of girls who are like this.

I don't really think I am. I never really consider myself a certain number, I'm just confident in myself. I figure if someone doesn't find me attractive then that's their opinion. I guess I just worry about how I feel about myself rather than how others feel of me. I don't know how to explain it lol.

• YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

We call it Over Confidence, when a person thinks they are so f***ing hot...and it just starts to get annoying when you start realizing that persons looks like a naked mole rat.

There is also Under Confidence..where you think you are ugly..but you are actually f***ing hot.

It's better not to be cocky anyway..because people start to pick on the things you do wrong.

Anyway, on to my story.

I once knew this girl...she was a friend of mine...WAS.

She was 4'10, had brown wavy hair. And a slight mustache...and she was chunky..kinda like snooky in her old days...but she was pale.

First off...being that short...she wanted attention.

She wore the highest heels. Push up bras. Fake eyelashes. and etc just because she wanted to show everyone she had money and she can take care of herself.

She was a club whore. She got into club fights. She once got into a fight after a girl saw here grinding on a dude that she was trying to talk to...and the girl was like "look at that ugly fat bitch with a mustache.." That's when sh*t popped off.

She was fighting a girl for insulting her appearance..While fighting she kept talking about the other girls hair extentions and how she was so fake...and how the guy she was grinding on wouldn't even like her because he would think she was ugly. Etc, etc. etc.

That little girl was self absorbed. I didn't like her attitude. She always talks about how beautiful she is...and how she can get any man she wanted..If I person ever said otherwise, there will be a fight.

• "We call it Over Confidence, when a person thinks they are so f***ing hot...and it just starts to get annoying when you start realizing that persons looks like a naked mole rat." That's funny but a bit messed up. I don't think I have over or under confidence. I'm confidence-less. I know what you mean though, some people tend to think they're really attractive but it seems like they haven't looked at themselves in the mirror.

• Last year in gym I sat by this girl and tried to make conversation with her and she looked at me, kind of scoffed, and moved down the bleachers to sit by a group of popular chicks who ignored her. I guess that could be an example. I don't really know anyone like that, some people might seem like they think very highly of themselves but actually have low self esteem. Like this chick who went to my school who died her hair a new color every week and has almost every piercing imaginable. She might seem like she thinks she's super hot but maybe she has low self esteem, who knows.

Also, I know you aren't looking for sympathy or compliments or whatever, but I think you are a good looking dude. I don't use numbers, but I personally think you don't give yourself enough credit in the looks department.

• Wow, girls and people in general who act like the one you mentioned in your gym class really grind my gears. I don't ever think I could be friends with somebody who honestly thinks they're better than somebody else especially because of looks or the clothes they wear. Thanks, like a lot of people say I have to respect or like myself before anybody else can do so.

• Yeah. I wasn't that big of a deal, just was kind of rude.

• Yep, it seemed really douchey of her.

• it's hard because it depends who's perspective it is. I don't think I'm THAT attractive. I might joke and say I'm hot but I do attract guys obviously.. some days I feel a 6 out of 10, some days I feel like a 9 out of 10. just really depends on how much time I put into it too

• Do you ever think you're not really a six or nine but you just think you are?

• Me.

• yes lol. it's really funny sometimes

• I know girls like this. They are annoying and they usually try to put you down.

• Girls who think they're more attractive then they actually are so they try to put other people down because they think they're better?

• @Anon:I agree with you.They are actually insecure deep inside and push their insecurity on other girls.

What Guys Said 4

• Don't really know anyone like that aside from nearly every sixteen year old female in western society. I know what you mean though. Now and again I'll have a look in the mirror and think "heh, not bad at all", then later on it's just kind of like "well why don't I just set my face on fire and put it out with a fork to improve things a little".

• No guys. I don't hang around cocky douche bags. I've observed this type of behavior by girls before. It down grades them right away. As far as your update, just don't worry about your looks at all. Seriously!

• Yeah, I try to stay away from cocky douche bags as much as I can. I see it a lot in girls but I do know some guys who are really cocky and over confident. I'm going to try to not really worry about my looks. Thanks.

• girls on online dating sites lol.

• Lol That's funny but how do you know they actually find themselves attractive? Is it cause a lot of them use the duckface or what?

• generally.

• Alright, sorry I was a little confused by the way I was wording my other comments and stuff.

• beauty is in the eye of the beholder