I got asked to model for this hair/makeup studio and I don't know what to do!

i got my hair and makeup done for a dance the other day, and the guy that did it liked it so much, he wanted to recreate it, and have a professional photographer come and take photos of me for advertising for the salon...what do I even do? I'm not a model...im not even that photogenic can you guys give me some tips? the shoot is in a few weeks.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to do hair modeling when I was in High School, it's easy! You don't usually get paid (although for print work you might) but you get your hair done for free which is great! If you become a model for the salon you will usually work expos and do advertising for them. Just be careful that you're not an experimental model (where they try new hair cuts/styles on you) because that can be bad news.

They will do all your hair and make-up so you just need to show up with clean hair and whatever it is they've asked you to wear. You should ask if wardrobe is provided, if not just wear basics like a white t-shirt and jeans/leggings unless they've specifically stated otherwise. Also, ask about jewellery. Do they want you to wear earrings or none at all?

Easy Easy Easy work, I say go for it. I'm no longer 16 but I still do some promo work and get paid VERY well for it!

And BS about you not being photogenic. I saw your post about being 6' tall and looked thru your pics. I wondered if you had been picked up to model yet...

Good luck & have fun!

• Thanks, that's really helpful!, so like, do I have to come up with zoolander faces or what? thanks, about the photogenic thing btw...

• Similar situation as aliba... I was 14 & the salon I was going to had just sent their top 5 stylists to Europe and wanted to create a new book. I was asked to do some print work for them & then was asked to start doing expositions and other events. It's not the type of modeling you think of when you watch America's Next Top Model, but modeling comes in many forms. I was a beer girl in college working football & baseball games which was great for extra cash (paid about $20 an hour) and now

• I'm 28, too old to be a beer girl but I still do some promo work. I was hired by a NY agency who held an open casting for local girls. It's contracted work which pays hourly (more than dble a beer girl) plus gas. I will get an email or a call asking if I can work an event, if I say yes they send me all the info & I pick up what I'm supposed to wear. Best thing I can say, ALWAYS ask what they want you to wear. If they change it when you get there you can walk. That's all the info I have. Sorry!

What Guys Said 4

• You should get paid, otherwise it means you are working for free, and that means you were exploited. Also you should not pay to have your hair or makeup done, because that is an advertising expense that the salon must pay for.

Anyway, the salon should do your hair and makeup. Ask the people at the salon to do it; that is what they are good at. Also it would be fraud to advertise hair and makeup for a salon and not have the salon's staff members do the advertised hair an makeup on the model. Ask how early you need to show up for hair and makeup prep time before the photographer arrives.

• Life lesson: Old people regret what they didn't do, not what they did do.

Why wouldn't you?

P.S. Don't get all big-headed. Reasonably attractive girls get asked this stuff constantly when they're out and 75% of the time it's BS or not that worth it for what you get in return.

P.S.S. If you do, make sure you know the entire deal and make sure you get paid appropriately.

• Wait, do I have to get paid? I'm not worrying about actually doing it, I just don't know what to do!!!!

• Put another way; just don't let them take advantage of you and your time.

Update: I read our question more carefully and realize now that this isn't some big modeling thing. Yeah, have fun with it, if the idea appeals to you. Save any pics etc. to create a resume if something bigger comes down the road, later.

• Well first off if it's real it is a great oppurtunity for you not everybody gets to do what you could be doing just have a couple people you trust and talk with them and see if you can get some more info on what you'll be doing and so on.

• hey sweetie I think you should try it this is a great oppurtunity and you should see where it takes you in life the lords gives blessings and this is one who knows what doors it might open for you and you have nothing to lose by doing this only to gain hope this helped

What Girls Said 6

• yea def. go and do it! I don't know about this paying thing..you don't always get paid for it unless you are modeling and the place was actually looking for you to hire...you just don't pay obviously for the hair and make up when they do it

• Why not? It's a once in a lifetime chance. Just be careful, sometimes these things can be total BS.

• I say do it! I've done about three now and they didn't actually pay me because

I'm not a professional model or anything. But the pictures turn out amazing reallyy

Go ahead and have fun !

x

• make sure its safe. if it is, go for it!

• do it as long as its not a scam... and just be yourself. you have to be confident in yourself though at the photoshoot because if not itll show through

• Just do it it will be fun!