Ive recently become a vegitarian

Every meal I used to eat was meat... my body was getting a lot of protein. recently I have become a vegetarian and now there is like no protein going into my body and because of this my hair got really thin... help how do I make it stop falling out and not thin , maybe make it a little thinkcer

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to learn how to get all the things you were getting from meat from other sources.

Peanut butter is a good source of protein, as is kidney beans, most beans have decent protein levels. Also eat lots of dark green, leafy veggies for iron. Nuts also have lots of protein, so stock up on peanuts, almonds and walnuts. Have those in a salad or on top of your cereal with breakfast, or even store some in your purse for a snack.

You can also get protein shakes to help supplement your diet. I would suggest seeking out a dietician to help you. I know the internet is a great help, but it doesn't replace advice from a dietician. My bf's sister is a vegetarian and she was having the same issues until she learned how to eat properly as a vegetarian. I know it sounds weird, but there is a right and wrong way. You need to have a balanced diet because you must make up for nutrients not consumed by cutting out meat.

You may also have to take supplements, but that would be why a dietician is a good idea. They can get blood tests done to make sure you are getting enough of everything.

What Guys Said 5

• Your hair should be fine with rice, beans, corn, all these have all the protein you need, although suddenly changing your diet can cause shock effects like hair loss for a short time.

Hang in there, your hair will be back soon. Plain yogurt might help for protein as well.

• invest in a good protein shake. there won't be any food that beats meat for protein. but be careful with protein shakes that can make put on weight. just 3-4 pints a week. you if don't train, you won't need much protein in your diet.

• i tried they all made me throw up

• whole grains is another great source of protein.

• well if you think it is strictly from the protein that you are missing in your diet then invest in a protein drink, I have one every morning.

• If we weren't meant to eat animals they wouldn't be made of meat.

• I no iused to love it but I saw a chicken get its head cut off adn that's it

• I prefer my meat dead on arrival.

• haha most people do

• Eat peanuts. Plenty of protein in those bad boys.

What Girls Said 2

• there are lots of protein

Quinoa and other whole grains like whole grain bread, brown rice, barley are all healthy protein-rich foods for vegetarians and vegans as well.

Beans, Lentils and Legumes - Black beans, kidney beans, Indian dhal, vegetarian chili, split pea soup and chickpea hummus - pick one and watch the protein grams add up. Soy is a bean as well, but because soy and its derivatives are such a popular source of protein for vegetarians

Tofu and other soy products

Seitan, Veggie Burgers and Meat Substitutes-Read the label of your store-bought meat substitute products and veggie burgers and you'll find they are quite high in protein! Most commercial meat substitutes are made from either soy protein, wheat protein (wheat gluten) or a combination of the two

Protein Supplements

sesame seeds

organic plain European (greek) yogurt

Almonds and almond butter

sea veggies like kelp

nuts and seeds (sunflower, flax)

also have a lot of fruits

• eat tofu