Women do you care how guys dress at all?

Be honest I'm always seeing good looking women with guys who dress like slobs and wear douchey looking hats, etc. Do you really not care at all how a guy presents himself with his clothing and fashion style?

Most Helpful Girl

• i do. everyone likes different styles. I have a friend who likes guys who dress very punk, with all the piercing and tattoos and what not.

personally, I like the classic preppy style on guys. I can appreciate different looks (but not all looks..) I do care though, yes. I'm probably not going to be attracted to someone who doesn't put much effort into their looks. I think they should look for another type of girl. I put a lot of effort into my looks, so if you're trying to get with me its likely going to be partly due to how I take care of myself and how I dress. if you aren't up to the same standard, not only is that not fair to me, but I'm not attracted to the "i don't give a f***" look. and I mean literally idgaf, not the faux-idgaf, effortlessly sexy look that some guys pull off. I mean actually looking like you don't care lol

now if I were a girl who just threw on sweats everyday or something, I wouldn't care. I'm kind of a fashionista though, very into beauty, fashion, etc. I ALWAYS look on point. I'm serious about life in general, and in my desired field of work, networking is essential and I like to put my best foot forward. how you dress conveys a message about yourself. it may not accurately reflect who you are, but many people, especially people who may offer you opportunities for internships and jobs, don't care about that.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, of course I care. It's a physical representation of how(or if) a guy takes care of himself.

It's really not difficult, a plain v-neck, jeans, and nice shoes is enough. Douchey attire is always frowned upon.

• , yeah, I care.

i mean I feel kind of insulted if I show up to a date having made an effort, squeezed myself into a little black dress and heels, and he turns up looking like he hadn't bothered shaving that day...makes me feel like I'm not worth the effort of dressing up for.

like Ennui said below, its not hard to put on well fitted jeans, a plain v neck and a pair of nice shoes...and that all it takes.

• I would rather him be dressed nicely as opposed to sloppy... I like a guy who can wear shoes other than converse and vans and also something other than a t-shirt but sometimes the best thing a guy can wear is a plain white t-shirt and comfy, worn jeans

• As long as they're dressed

and comfortable in what they wear,

they are alright I think. =)

It doesn't hurt to suit up once in

a while though =)

• care .maybe that men are too good, or the women are not so good as their looks.

• I like to see the guy cares about his hygiene. Always neat, clean, tidy and wear suitable clean clothes. Though, there's no need for excessive exaggeration!

What Guys Said 2

• Dude, seriously! The most gorgeous women are always out with guys that look like complete slobs... Saw this tonight actually, and countless of other times. It's not uncommon at all...

I honestly don't get it, lol.

• girls don't date guys because of the way they dress...

• someone's mad.

• i ain't mad, I'm just saying- just because you see a guy dressed like a slob doesn't mean they're a slob... some days I just can't be bothered, or all of my clothes are in the laundry, or maybe I just can't afford nice clothes D-: but on a real note, I'm sure the girls didn't start dating them because they like slobs... that's just absurd

• and another point, just because you see them dressed poorly once doesn't mean they always dress like that, unless you're stalking them and know that they always dress like that